About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Monday, September 15, 2008

No pic update

I have been running ragged since 7 AM this morning and have YET to even pull threads for my next XS project. (An SMO Members Only gift, 'Cup of Autumn'.) I am so tired, I can hardly hold my head up, and I have yet to help get dinner ready for my FH's birthday, do the cake and ice cream thing, presents, etc. Let alone pull threads and fabric for YET ANOTHER START). 

Here are all of the tasks I have completed so far:

1. Instructed the live in children to clean rooms, take out trash, clean up kitchen. 

2. Herded a cat to the tile before kitteh hurled up breakfast.

3. 6 hours of laundry.

4. Cleaned master BR and bathroom thoroughly. 

5. Herded same cat BACK onto tile, as kitteh apparently now thinks litter boxes are a suggestion and not for actual use. 

6. Price checked local vets for said kitteh. 

7. Made up bed with clean laundry.

8. Updated my MySpace blog.

9. Complained to my Maid of Honor about the no work, no mon-ay situation, I'm being driven insane by kittehz and kidlets, and if men aren't the silliest things on the planet. 

10. Dusted master BR and master bathroom. 

11. Worked on my RR Neighborhood. I am at least pleased that I can work in my SanMan Originals designs and I think I am going to even be able to work in some Dragon Dreams as well. WuWu!!

12. Acted as Counselor to various friends in need of everything from just a pat on the back to dude, you need to do let go of that which no longer serves. (I never said it wouldn't suck, I'm just sayin'.....)

13. Called up one of my oldest friends to sing the worst rendition of the Beatles' 'Birthday Song' ever in all of mankind's history, because she turned 27 today. Yay, Amber!!

14. Updated this blog. 


Now..... onto the stitchy related parts, as this blog is SUPPOSED to be about, iuno....*stitching*. 

As I had indicated in #11 on today's 'Tasks Completed' list, I got a fair amount done on the actual planning of it. All I can say is, I have NO frickin' clue how designers do this day in and day out. No, really. I think I have been through about 5 revisions of just even the initial idea, and I haven't even gotten to the meat and potatoes of it yet. OY!  

How do they do this year after year, and not go stark insane? I am not even sure I can even pull this off. I don't mind the actual stitching part of it, as it will enable me to stitch up designs I have been wanting to stitch for forever and three days, but the actual plotting and planning has me doubting I can successfully do this. This will be my biggest BAP to date, with a metric f-ton of time, money, and energy put into it. I just hope it looks good. I am not only going to be mixing threads by different companies, but designer's styles as well. I think I have chosen a fairly cohesive selection, but time will only tell. 

Firstly, my Town is laid out in a gigantic Square. Like, a big f-off one. Here is the basic layout:

Spring right side of square

Summer bottom of square

Fall left side of square

Winter top of square. 

Here is what I have so far:

Seasonal Village (working title, most assuredly!) 

In the center: Little House Needleworks, 'Queen Bee' (representative of me and how everything on the peripheral influences me throughout the year). 

In the four corners: SanMan Originals '4 Seasons Square' gift design. The design is a flower that is in four parts, to make up the whole flower. Each section of flower will be put into its prospective seasonal corner. There will be a border around the whole thing, uniting all of the seasons and elements. 30 x 30.

In between the four corners:  LHN Mini Season Samplers. Motifs are 67 w x 26h. 

Buildings in Town:  Most are from Country Cottage Needleworks, however, the Inn, the Coffee House, and the Chocolate Shoppe will be taken from LHN. Elements within the individual designs will be changed to reflect the season they happen to reside in (see Notes below).

The Bakery will be located in the Spring side of the Town Square. 

The Flower Shop will be located on the Summer side of the Town Square.  

The Needlework Shop will be located on the Fall side of the Town Square.

The Gingerbread Cottage will either be the Boutique or it will be an Inn. I am still waffling on this one, so hang on to your hats. :P
Regardless, it will be on the Winter side of town. 

I am also planning another Inn, a Coffee shop, a Chocolate Shoppe, and maybe even a toy store, if I can wing it. 

Townsfolk's' Homes:  House design taken from SanMan Originals 'The Perfect Tree' and minor elements will be changed to reflect the seasons. 


Town Griffons: I am going to do my damnedest to get 'Griffon Welcome' by Dragon Dreams incorporated into this design. I have met Jennifer Aikman-Smith, and it would be such a shame to leave out the wonderful designs she's created. I am thinking of placing the Griffons in either the four corners to 'prop' up the flower elements in the four corners by SMO, or do them over one over the 'Queen Bee' design and stitch the banner as well, with the name of the Town. Iuno yet. I know I have a metric boatload of her tiny dragon freebie gifts that I have collected over the years. I bet I could sneak some in, because my town at least needs a dragon or four! LOL!

That's what I have so far. I am envisioning a LOT of changes on the fly, at LEAST a yard of fabric, revisions, and frogging of biblical proportions. I need to stitch up that Frog-B-Gone design idea I had kicked around with Ashley of Stitchertigger fame, before I begin this. I've a feeling I am going to be buying stock in the company! :P

---

Respectfully submitted,

Arch






No comments: