About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Rules of Engagement

Rules of Engagement for my stitching blog

The last time I had a blog, some issues came up that I will address in this one, before I begin posting any sort of WIP/UFO/finish. (A finish...HA!)

1. I will attempt to confine this blog to my stitching world, however, at times, that world bleeds into other areas, such as my gaming life, where I have been known to stitch whilst gaming. I have played World of Warcraft for over 3 years now and see no sign of stopping any time soon. 

2. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER CONTACT ME AND ASK ME TO COPY IN ANY SHAPE, FASHION AND/OR FORM ANY WORK THAT I POST IN THIS BLOG. Yes, this means YOU. I will not send you in ANY format, ANY illegal copies of ANY chart that I stitch. If it is a freebie gift that was found online, I will post the link to the designer's site, however, I am NOT responsible for the designer taking down the link, moving the page, or not allowing the freebie gift to be posted any longer. Should you persist in contacting me and asking me to do so, despite this warning, I will not only refer you back to this post, but I will also contact the designer to let them know you asked me to do this, I will contact the owners of e-Blogger and let THEM know, and then you will be unmercilessly ridiculed in my blog for asking me to break the law because you are too greedy, selfish, and/or lazy to procure said design on your own. I do NOT put up with the shit I put up with at work and/or home to spend my hard earned money so you can benefit. Go home and whine to your Mother, I don't really care. You don't feed me, fuck me, and/or pay my bills, so why should I consider YOUR feelings when you so obviously do NOT care about those designers who bust their asses trying to keep me and us in a hobby? 

3. A note about my language would be apropos: While I am a member of a select few message boards, this is due to time constraints and sheer laziness on my part, my language and syntax that are used on those boards is a LOT more gentile and softer. Why? Because the ladies that frequent such boards should not be subjected to my cranky rantings in language that would make a truck driver blush. I do not, nor will I, attempt to censor myself here. If you are offended by 'adult' language, that is your right, however, do NOT ask me to refrain from using such language in my posts. When I visit your blog, I consider that your web 'home' and as a born and bred Southerner, I would cut off my right arm rather than show my behind in someone else's house, that is if my Mother didn't beat me to it. That being said, this is my online 'home' for my stitching, so please respect my rules in my home as I do yours.

4. This is a blog about stitching. Occasionally, I will post things that I am stitching on that may be related to the 4 subjects I was taught never to bring up in company. That is: sex, politics, religion, and sports. That being said, these projects are for people I care about, which includes myself. I am sorry if you do not 'agree' with the subject. That is your right, of course, but please bear in mind that it is MY right to call you on it. I don't really care that you think that my choices in designs suck, the team, political affiliation, religious symbol/s, and/or nudes that I stitch all suck. That is YOUR opinion. Computer+anonymity does NOT equate to you being superior to me. Just means you're an asshole with a computer and excessive amounts of free time. Go get a hobby. Here, try mine!

5. I endeavor to promote the art of stitching, no matter its form, anywhere I can. It doesn't matter to me what form stitching takes, as long as it's getting out there and being recognized. We need to support one another, not tear each other down. Which leads me into point number 6.....


6. Feel free to leave comments, but if you engage in vicious attacks against those posting on my blog, I will NOT be kind in my commentary. This is NOT a playground and you do NOT control the sandbox. What are you, five?! Act your age and not your shoe size.  And no, I don't particularly care that your XYZ blog/website 'allows' people to dig into one another like a bunch of rabid hyenas. Go back and re-read #3. And brush up on your reading comprehension, yo. 

That's all for now. I will post more on the subject on an as needed basis. 

Now then.....

On with the show! :D


No comments: