About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Xmas Ornament #2

I seem to be on a roll here. I have 5 or 6 more to do, but I will cross those bridges (or is it stitches?) when I get there. I'm trying not to push myself or get myself into a bind. I started *kinda* late, but then again, I stitch according to whim and mood, not when something HAS to be done.

Had to make a run to Michael's yesterday for some DMC floss. Wow. Do I miss Wal-Mart. It was 35 cents per skein. Now, I know I have no right to complain really, seeing as how some of my overseas ladies can spend upwards of almost 2 DOLLARS EACH for the things, but really. Things are getting to be expensive all over, this I know, but I would truly hate to be priced out of my hobby. But damn Murphy and his laws that have me wallowing in floss, right up until the point I begin a project and I am missing at least one skein, if not more. Case in point: I chose LHN's 'Queen Bee' for my Just For Me SAL. 4 skeins of DMC and 3 of Crescent Colours. Now, I knew I would have to purchase the CC, as I have no where NEAR a complete set, but I'll be damned if I didn't have all FOUR of the DMC flosses. Yes, I had to buy all four. Then, I check my current project, an ornament for my mother, and here we go..... I am in need of 761.

Queue the swearing.


Queue sigh.


Make a list.


Google map the nearest Michael's.


Grab the car keys from FH who had the day off and is in the middle of playing Fable 2. He pauses long enough to shake his head at me.

Kiss said FH and head for the door, muttering about the square footage of the Mojave desert and finding this Murphy character.

Drive 10 minutes one way to the Michael's.

Rifle through the DMC bins for the correct numbers I need.

Swear at the unknown person who put the incorrect colors in the bins I was looking in.

Find the five skeins I need and check out with a very pleasant cashier.

Drive back home.

All of this is probably more than you needed to know, but since I am unemployed, I have a lot of free time to kill, and right now I'm waiting on the aspirin to kick in to quash this minor headache that I have. :D


At any rate, here is my latest WIP. It's an ornament for my Mom. It's from Country Cottage Needleworks from the 2007 JCS ornament issue. The design is called 'Peace'. I am stitching it with the called for DMC flosses and on a 28 count natural pearl linen. (I am a sad panda in snow because the yard that I purchased a few years ago, is almost out. I love stitching on this fabric as it is a nice neutral, but I just do not have the 65 bucks to replace it with another yard. /sigh)


I hope everyone has a good day. And may the Needle be with you all!


---

Respectfully submitted,

C.

1 comment:

AnnMcD said...

I can certainly sympathize re the DMC situation. I think I have every colour made in my stash and I am ususally missing at least one for every project.
Thank you alos fo rthe kind comment on my blog concerning the recent shoplifting incident in my little shop. It is awful but I have met more wonderful people than not so wonderful...so I guess I will just have to learn to be more vigilant!