About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Monday, March 30, 2009

Frog Happens

When I was stitching merrily along on Cottage Garden, I happened to notice that the wording was off by a block and a half. Now, since this piece has a border, this means that Yours Truly has to rip all of the wording and start all over again on it.

Ok, don't have an issue with that. As any stitcher of any length of time will tell you, Frogs Happen (rip it, rip it). What I have an issue with is accidentally cutting the FABRIC. This will cause me to swear like a sailor on a three day pass in Hong Kong, particularly when it involves hand dyed threads and/or expensive fabric that I cannot repair or (God forbid) replace.

This actually happened when I was removing the miscounted lettering. I managed to take a pretty chunk out of the letter 'A' in Garden, whilst merrily snipping away.

Crap.

/sigh.


Just as panic begins to settle in, and I am frantically trying to figure out how to cover this up and praying that I won't have to rip everything out, I get the bright idea of just stitching the lettering again, and seeing if I can cover up the 'whoops!' with a charm or button.

Yes, it pays to have stash.

*YAY*.



I actually found some brass charms that were bought with another chart, so I will replace them if I ever get around to stitching the other chart.

The only other annoyance is that I seem to have run out of the Weeks Dye Works Pecan. I have a few more sections I have to stitch using it, only money is a bit tight right now, and I can't get any until Friday at least.


Here is my progress so far:




Design: Cottage Garden

Designer: Nikki Lehman of Country Cottage Needleworks

Source: August 2006 Just Cross Stitch Magazine

Fabric: 28 count white Monaco

Fibers: DMC 153, 155, 156, 157. Weeks Dye Works thread in Pecan. Crescent Colours Joshua Tree, Tomatillo  Purple Pansy and Summer Spray.











I am not sure about the Purple Pansy border, so comments pro or con are much appreciated. :)


I have more chores to do around the house, so I will close for now. 




---


Respectfully submitted,

C.

2 comments:

Daffycat said...

OH CRAP! Good save with the bumblebee!

Puppy Love said...

Yea! What an awesome solution!!!