About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Friday, May 1, 2009

Whew!

The stitching blogosphere had a heart attack yesterday when the much appreciated and much favorited blog, LagattaC, suddenly went black for no apparent reason. When I went to this Blog of Awesomeness, it said CLOSED in big red letters. No one was able to ascertain the reasons why she elected to close down her collection of freebie links from around the web. I had speculated to friends that perhaps she grew tired of updating the million and one freebie sites from around the world or just found something else to occupy her time. Thankfully, when I logged on this morning to update this blog, I found that she had posted an update. Here is the translated text via Babelfish from the original Italian:

From some time I reflect sull' opportunity to close the blog. When I began in the 2006 c' they were little sites that they published " freebies" regularly, the spread of the blogs has widened the creativity of the lovers of the embroidery, and also my engagement. The beautiful season then tries to me with the walks in the forests and on mountains, all' leisure under the warm beams of the sun, the reading all' shadow of the trees in garden. They are elsewhere. To close definitively the blog is not necessary, leaves l' opportunity to continue to consult it even if from today in then I do not guarantee that the modernizations will be regular. Thanks to those who they have written to me, with calm I will answer to all, and thanks for the collaboration offered ones, of it I will hold account. Good day!

Whew! Well, I can't say that I blame her. I'm sure that with the proliferation of blogs and just plain 'regular' folks taking a stab at designing and posting their works for free out on the intarwebz, updating a blog with links to said freebies is probably a full time occupation. I, myself, have been spending a bit less time on the computer and choosing instead to take my stitching to the community pool and stitch poolside, rather than being cooped up in the house. It's getting warmer by the day here in Sin City and it's nice to be out by the pool stitching.

And in other news....

Had 2 finishes yesterday and started yet another project. It was nice to get some things wrapped up and start one I've wanted to start for a long time now. I am hoping after this next finish, I get out an older WIP/UFO and finish that up. Maybe rotate new starts and finishes, to clear some old stuff out and get to the stuff I have put off for so long and really want to stitch. Pic of the finishes plus the new WIPs. Stitchy notes attached! :)

Finish number 1:

Design: Cottage Garden

Designer: Nikki Lehman of Country Cottage Needleworks

Source: August 2006 Just Cross Stitch Magazine

Fabric: 28 count white Monaco

Fibers: DMC 153, 155, 156, 157, and 420. Weeks Dye Works thread in Pecan. Crescent Colours Joshua Tree, Tomatillio, and Summer Spray.

Misc: Decided to skip the outer border as I could not find a nice enough color that would compliment the color changes I made and let's face it, I'm lazy as hell. Ran out of the WDW Pecan and I did not want to buy another skein as I find WDW threads to be thin and have a propensity to shred, so I just substituted DMC 420 and went on with life. The difference is not that stark and I wanted this one just plain finished instead of it languishing in the UFO pile.

Began: (approximately) Friday, March 20, 2009

Completed stitching: Thursday, April 30, 2009







Finish number 2:

Design: Necessities Sampler

Designer: Diane Williams of Little House Needleworks

Fabric: 28 count antique white either lugana or jobelan

Fibers: DMC 420, 739, 869, 924, 926, 928, 936, 3011, 3013, 3371, 3768

Began: Saturday, April 18, 2009

Completed stitching: Friday, April 30, 2009








And now on with the WIPs! :D



WIP number 1:

Stitchy notes:

Design: Bee Pinkeep

Designer: Diane Williams of Little House Needleworks and Nikki Lehman of Country Cottage Needleworks for The Gift Stitching magazine, Issue 12 January 2007

Fabric: 28 count natural evenweave of an unknown type (I need to figure out what it is, cause I'm really digging on it!)

Fibers: DMC 437, 761, 3011, 3012, 3371, 3712, and B5200.

Began: Thursday, April 30, 2009


(Photo removed by Webshots and I do not have a copy)



Hope everyone is having a good day out there in cyberspace!


Respectfully submitted,

C.

No comments: