About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Friday, June 26, 2009

Taking the Blue Pill

Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cypher: I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------



So, I've been sick with a stomach virus for about 5 days now and apparently, I've lost my mind some place. The quotes from above are from one of my all time favorite movies, The Matrix. Keanu Reeves is pure sex on a stick in that movie. :D


I posted these quotes, because while I am an ardent, nay fanatical, believer in taking the red pill (ie: opening my eyes to Truth), when it comes to my stitching, I've wholly embraced the blue pill and all of its subsequent effects (ie, sticking my head in the sand. How's that sand tasting?! :D)

Anyway, this is as far as I have gotten on CCN's 'Ice Cream Shoppe':








I apologize for it being so out of focus, but as bad as I feel, I really didn't feel like dicking around with trying to get a better shot. :/


In other news, it seems the entertainment industry is taking it on the chin with two deaths yesterday, that of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. What I find utterly amazing is that there are utter and complete morons out there arguing as to whose death is more important. Say WHAT?! IDK about anyone else, but I find this incredibly disrespectful to both of them. They both lived, they both made mistakes, they both died and now we who are left behind will suffer the loss of them gone. Both of their families are in incredible pain right now, so the least the rest of us can do is be respectful and mind our collective manners.


Hopefully, I will not be so cranky tomorrow. :/


---

Respectfully submitted,

C.

No comments: