About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Good Luck Robin of Spring and the Depths of Sin

Sunday, I was in a cleaning up the house mode and extended that to my computer. Like my craft area, sometimes my computer gets a bit disorganized and I can't find things. While I was shifting things around to their proper spots, I came across a old free gift design from Pamela Kellogg of Kitty and Me Designs. I thought it would make a good design for a bookmark for the SIGNED copy of JD Robb's 'Born In Death'. So, yesterday, I got out the spare DMC leftover bags and went at it. Managed to stitch up a bookmark and a sachet bag in an afternoon. The sachet was pre-finished from Charles Craft and what a pain in the ass *that* was. OY!. My hand was so cramped, but it was totally worth it. I used lavender essential oil on cotton balls to stuff the sachet, so it wouldn't stain it. I think my mother will love it. I got her quite the goody box for her birthday. :D


Anyway, here's the pics and the related stitchy notes:



Design: Good Luck Robin


Designer: Pamela Kellogg of Kitty and Me Designs


Fabrics: Pre-finished white sachet in 14 count aida and 14 count ivory aida, both of Charles Craft Fabrics.


Fibers: DMC leftover 6 strand cotton embroidery flosses used.












And to round things out, a recipe for hot chocolate. I am a fanatic for hot chocolate and am always on the lookout for new and exciting recipes. Enjoy! :)



Depths of Sin Hot Chocolate


Start to finish: 15 minutes


1 c. milk

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 soft banana

Pinch of cinnamon

Pinch of salt

3 ounces semi sweet chocolate, finely chopped

3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped

1/2 cup marshmallow spread




In a blender, combine milk, cream, banana, cinnamon and salt. Puree until very smooth and thick.

Pour milk mixture into a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Warm the mixture, whisking constantly,

until it just barely comes to a simmer. Add both chocolates and the marshmallow spread. Whisk until

completely melted and smooth.


Ladle hot chocolate into demitasse (expresso) cups. If desired, top with a dollop of whipped cream.


Makes seven servings.





Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm off to the grocery store and more importantly, Gamestop. Final Fantasy comes out today and DH asked me to go pick it up for him. I'm gonna be a FF widow until Saturday when he takes me to San Diego for my birthday. LOL, I suppose it's a damn good thing I have stuff to stitch and World of Warcraft to to play and studying to do, eh? ;)


---


Respectfully submitted,

C.

No comments: