About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Trying new things

A while back, I may have mentioned (or not!) that since I was turning 40, I wanted to try some new things. The purpose of this was to get out of my shell and get to *doing* things, rather than reading about other people doing them. To get out of my comfort zone. Blah, blah, blah, you get the idea. :)


Yesterday, I decided to hand dye some fabrics that I had laying around. I gathered up some evenweaves and a pen and pad and various other supplies and got to work. I had also thrown in some plain old DMC just for giggles and dyed those as well. I had an absolute blast doing this, although, I need to perfect the dyeing of threads so they don't get so tangled up. :/ I will be on the lookout for tools and what all to make this job easier, and with a bit of luck, I can Alton Brown the thing and make up my own rig. :)


Anyway, here's the results of my efforts. I dyed six pieces of fabric, two skeins of floss, and slapped together two floss cards. They aren't the fancy ones, but eventually, I will get around to making those. Please let me know what you think! :)


PS: Quick note, I know the fabrics aren't serged and trust me, I have a serger on my Christmas list this year. If anyone can recommend a plain old one that isn't too fancy-schmancy, I'd love to know about it! :)


Notes:


Fabrics from left to right: Café au Lait, Mocha, Guinness Foam, Sour Mash.


Flosses in Heavy Cream and Ivory.


Floss cards: on the left, cotton print fabric in purple flowers. On the right, dark green velvet.



032310 crafting 001





Current WIP:


Design: Paris Sampler


Designer: Stofnest


Fibers: DMC 839, 840, and 841


Fabric: 28 count jobelan in Café au Lait.






Paris Sampler WIP




And in other news, it seems my work has appeared on two more blogs, Blackbird Designs' Show and Tell...finally post and on Aurorebbb's 21 mars 2010 posting. Yay!! Go, me!! I'm now global!! Hahahaha! :D


I am trying out Flickr and so far, I'm really liking it. Hopefully, it will allow me to ditch the crappy Webshots and make for a more pleasant experience without all those God forsaken 'interactive' ads for Delsym and cleaning products! :P


Well, I am off. I have lunch to make and I need to get ready for my Prep class this afternoon. Hope everyone is having a great day!


---


Respectfully submitted,


C.

No comments: