About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Would you please pass the Kleenex?

All good things must come to an end, as they say. This unfortunately includes wonderful trips that you take out of town and never want to stop. DH and I managed to cram a LOT into the two and a half days we were in San Diego. Unfortunately, this also means that while we were out and about, my allergies caught hell for it and now I am paying for it. Ah, well. I've never minded the morning after as long as I've had the night before, eh? :D LOL!


We went to the USS Midway, dinner with his sister and her family, the beach, the mall, the zoo and managed to somehow or another find time to drive around his old stomping grounds from when DH used to live there. Had an absolute blast, natch.

DH took me to dinner on Sunday night, for my birthday. We went to the Studio Diner , which was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives . DH had been there before and the place did *NOT* disappoint. I had the open faced turkey sammich with a Gone Bananas! milkshake and this is what came out:



It was totally epic and I thoroughly recommend going there to eat. All in all, a five star weekend for sure! :)



Managed to get some stitching time in on the drive there and back. Yesterday, I finished part one of the SanMan Originals Four Seasons Fatties SAL. Me being me, I can't leave well enough alone and I changed the colors that were used. Here's a pic and the stitchy notes. Again, this is a member only pattern, so you have to sign up for the message board in order to get it.


Design: Four Seasons Fatties SAL

Designer: Sandra Dering of SanMan Originals

Fabric: 28 count white evenweave (possibly Lugana)


Fibers: Main border in DMC 310


Spring wording used Crescent Colours Summer Spray, border in Anchor 242

Summer wording used Crescent Colours in Cupid, border in Anchor 246

Fall wording used Anchor 359, border in Crescent Colours Tangerine

Winter wording used Crescent Colours Blue Moon, border in Crescent Colours Grannie Annie.












I decided on the coloring on the fly and I like the way it turned out. I am considering using some seasonal type buttons in the corners, but I will wait until it's finished first. May as well take my time and enjoy it. :)


Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm off to find some meds for this screaming headache I have. :/


---

Respectfully submitted,


C.

No comments: