About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Monday, November 15, 2010

Time For Tea

Christmas came a bit early this year to the house. The Hubmeister had wanted the new Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty and I had managed to make enough in cash tips to get it outright, so I went and bought it and gave it to him early. I just needed to do something nice for someone who I knew would appreciate it, because it's been one of those kinds of weeks at work, ya know?

When I gave it to him, he was happy and excited and then immediately asked me why I didn't buy something for myself. I laughingly replied that Gamestop doesn't sell the kinds of things I am interested in. I told him that if he really wanted me to buy something for myself, I'd see what Stitcher's Paradise would have in stock when I go to the Wednesday stitch in this week. I didn't quite make it that far, as I remembered seeing a tea cup at Barnes & Noble and wanted to get one. Last night I stopped by on my dinner break and instead of getting the lidded tea mug, I purchased the tea service for one! I even got the matching reusable shopping bag! :D I am so, so, so excited about it! And to do things up good and proper, I also bought some holiday tea and an Agatha Christie book, Hercule Poirot's Christmas! Woohoo!


Time for shopping notes and pics! :D

Editor's Note: All purchased at Barnes and Noble, with the exception of the cookies, which were purchased at Von's.


Tea Set: Fringe Studio in Holly Rose



Book: Hercule Poirot's Christmas by Dame Agatha Christie







Today is my Friday. All of my chores are completed for the week, which means I get to sit around all weekend and stitch! Woohoo! I am really, really hoping to get the Prairie Schooler Christmas Cabin finished this week instead of next. That would be quite the feather in my cap!

At any rate, I need to bolt for the door. Need to go get ready for work, so I can get my weekend started! :D

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week! :)


---


Respectfully submitted,

C.






1 comment:

Daffycat said...

I love tea-for-one sets and have a small collection. Your new one is really pretty! Congratulations.