About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Basket of Memories finish!

Managed to finish Basket of Memories last night. It was a nice, quick finish and I really do like the way it turned out:


Design: Basket of Memories - Reward of Merit Pincushion


Designer: Barb Adams for Blackbird Designs


Fabric: 30 count linen by Wichelt Imports in Ivory (DMC equivalent to 712)


Fiber: Simply Shaker thread by Gentle Art Sampler Threads in Aged Pewter


Accoutrement: Mill Hill seed beads







I started Blackbird Designs freebie Now I Know My ABC's again. I wanted to try out Gloriana Threads and figured this miniature sampler was perfect for it. I've stitched it twice before and while I like the color I chose, 079 - Monet's Pond, there are a few things I am not liking about using the threads. I will start with the fact that it is twisted all to hell and gone on the skein, which makes separating the strands a right Royal pain in the ass. Also, they knot the floss about 3 inches from the end onto the card and I'm sorry, at 8 bucks a skein now, I am most certainly NOT going to just snip that right off!


Quick picture of the Monet's Pond:





I am stitching the sampler on a 32 count cream linen and it's turning out really pretty so far. I will try and post a picture when I've stitched some more.


Well, I hate to post and run, but I've got to bolt for the door. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! :)


---


Respectfully submitted,

C.

3 comments:

blueladie said...

Just beautiful Cindy! :) TFS Cathryn

Kalu V said...

beautiful finish!!!
$8 ?!?!?!?! i wouldnt snip it off either! ... i think i would keep it in a pretty little box and never use it coz its so pretty =D

ArchangelDecker said...

Claudia,


Yes, it's 8 dollars per skein at Stitcher's Paradise. By the time you add in tax, title, and tag, it's close to 10 bucks, so I am not about to snip off almost three inches of silk!


I purchased one of the Kelmscott Designs thread winders in a butterfly shape and I am loving it. It is definitely helping and it is so, so pretty!