About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Saturday, September 1, 2012

It's Been A While

Howdy, y'all! It's been a while since I last posted. Life has just gotten in the way and I am not stitching as much as I have been, but these things happen, yea?

At any rate, I finally have gotten to where I feel like stitching, so I decided to start something new. Yes, I know, you're going to have a heart attack from that surprise. But nothing was really calling me and this one I have seen stitched in a variety of ways so far, and when I saw the design, this color combination immediately came to mind.


Enough of my blathering, let's get on with the show! :)







Designer: Lizzie Kate



Fabric: 28 count evenweave fabric by Dyeing 4 U in Moonlight (Discontinued color and manufacturer).












Closeup:





The Snoopy bag was purchased last night at Barnes and Noble. I thought it would be a cute bag to keep my Halloween projects in. :)





While I love the colors in the floss, I am disappointed in how un-silk like they actually feel. My apologies to the HDF fans out there in blog land, however, compared to my Caron Waterlilies and Au Ver A Soie and the Belle Soie silks, the HDF's do not feel as silky as the rest of them. It could just be me :). I've also had some issues with knotting and fraying a bit, but it's not as bad as metallics! :)


Well, I best be off. I think DH wants to go to the movies or go do something today. Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day weekend! :)


---


Respectfully submitted,


C.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I was just thinking about you the other day. Glad you are doing well. Great start. Sorry you are unhappy with your floss. I am too frugal to use silk. ;)


Love the bag, I was at B&N today and they were just putting out Halloween goodies.