Teh Hubmeister took me to Monterey for my birthday. We speciffically went to go see the world famous Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was absolutely stunning. I could have stayed there ALLLLLLLL day! We went into San Francisco's Chinatown. Had a blast just wandering around and shopping. We purchased two sets of really nice placemats with matching chopsticks and some tea.
Here is a picture of one of the giant sea turtles that I took:
2. Gessie's Flower kit. A lovely kit that is an exclusive to Needle In A Haystack. The motif is inspired from an 1800 Italian Sampler in the private collection of friend of Cathe's. The kit contains everything, needle, a piece of 28 count Graziano Milan by Lakeside Linens in a Needle In A Haystack exclusive color - Fagioli, plus four colors of Limited Edition Gentle Art Sampler Threads. The colors have no names, but I plan on doing research to see if I can find any information on them.
3. Lizzie Kate's A Bee C limited edition kit.
4. A Mon Ami Pierre's Le Temps Qui Passe. For those that are contemplating buying the chart, but are hesitant over the $15.00 or so price, let me say that there are TWO charts in this chartpack. They are of VERY high quality printing and the paper is really nice. The instructions are in French, but you can easily figure out the directions.
5. Just Nan's Spring In the Tulips. I loved this one, and this is apparently going to be a seasonal series. And I am nothing, if not a sucker for seasonal series.
6. Puffin and Company Needle Nanny in the new Bunny style. I was pleasantly surprised about how strong the magnets are. I love the bunny. I thought it was just too cute to pass up!
7. And last but not least, a new pair of DOVO's! I got a pair if the Lion's Tail kind. They are 3.5 inches with a fine point. I love, love, LOVE these scissors.
When I got home, I had some eBay winnings waiting for me.
First up was Carriage House Samplings A Quaker Study: