About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Friday, March 15, 2013

Nickles and Dimes (AKA- The Birthday Stash post)

Well, I haven't really been stitching any, but by Jove, I've been shopping up a storm! Nashville Market was at the beginning of this month and there were a LOT of goodies released. 


Teh Hubmeister took me to Monterey for my birthday. We speciffically went to go see the world famous Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was absolutely stunning. I could have stayed there ALLLLLLLL day! We went into San Francisco's Chinatown. Had a blast just wandering around and shopping. We purchased two sets of really nice placemats with matching chopsticks and some tea. 


Here is a picture of one of the giant sea turtles that I took:




Teh Hubmeister has better photos and I will try and get those later on. For my birthday, which was yesterday, he took me to Needle In A Haystack. What an absolutely WONDERFUL store! 


Teh Hubmeister also let me get whatever I wanted! He soooooo spoils me! Here is what I got:




1. Gloriana Threads Tudor Silk in Light French Blue #242. One ply is half the weight of a regular silk floss ply. Ideal for fine count work such as 40, 45 & 48 count linen. You can use multiple ply on less dense counts (e.g. 3-ply on 36 count, 4-ply on 32 count). 


2. Gessie's Flower kit. A lovely kit that is an exclusive to Needle In A Haystack.  The motif is inspired from an 1800 Italian Sampler in the private collection of friend of Cathe's. The kit contains everything, needle, a piece of 28 count Graziano Milan by Lakeside Linens in a Needle In A Haystack exclusive color - Fagioli, plus four colors of Limited Edition Gentle Art Sampler Threads. The colors have no names, but I plan on doing research to see if I can find any information on them. 


3. Lizzie Kate's A Bee C limited edition kit


4. A Mon Ami Pierre's Le Temps Qui Passe. For those that are contemplating buying the chart, but are hesitant over the $15.00 or so price, let me say that there are TWO charts in this chartpack. They are of VERY high quality printing and the paper is really nice. The instructions are in French, but you can easily figure out the directions. 


5. Just Nan's Spring In the Tulips. I loved this one, and this is apparently going to be a seasonal series. And I am nothing, if not a sucker for seasonal series. 


6. Puffin and Company Needle Nanny in the new Bunny style. I was pleasantly surprised about how strong the magnets are. I love the bunny. I thought it was just too cute to pass up!


7. And last but not least, a new pair of DOVO's! I got a pair if the Lion's Tail kind. They are 3.5 inches with a fine point. I love, love, LOVE these scissors. 



When I got home, I had some eBay winnings waiting for me. 


First up was Carriage House Samplings A Quaker Study





And the Holy Grail of them all, Blackbird Designs, Blessings Be Thine:




This one is loooooooooooooong out of print and VERY highly sought after. I couldn't believe it when I managed to score it! :) I may not get to stitch it this year, as I am still trying to plug away at my Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow. I am actually way behind on it, and need to get back to it. 


Well, I best be off. I have a ton of stuff to do today before going back to work. Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)


---


Respectfully submitted,


C. 

2 comments:

Christina said...

Happy Belated Birthday. DH and I love to go to Monterey. Haven't been to Needle in A Haystack since they moved the first time. LOL Nice stach haul.

elenamac said...

happy Belated Birthday!! I love everything you've buy!! And my dream will be come back again in USa for visit the San Franciscpo bay area again!! I remeber such a wonderful places!!!

elena