About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Autumn, maybe?

It's a sign of getting older when the days fly by and you go into a store and realize it's already the next season. I was still in 'Summer Mode' when I went into the grocery story the other day when I came upon Halloween candy out. I suppose in retail it's never too early, but honestly, I think you only need one month to stock up on candy for Halloween. As I practice crafting, I can see the need for having things out a few months earlier. I have projects that will take YEARS to finish, so yea, I need the extra time. Not food however. :P


At any rate, I felt the need to start a fall themed project since I managed to get another finish up under my belt. I'm not in the mood for Halloween, but since September 1 is not that far off (2 days!!), I thought something Autumn/Fall related would be ok. This also means that come September 1, everything you know and love will be pumpkin flavored until the day after New Years! However, this also means that the Barnes and Noble Cafe will have the maple pecan scone back in stock and my beloved New Jersey Devils are back in action. Woohoo!!! And not only that, my beloved Hubmeister got us tickets to go see my beloved New Jersey Devils play in November. Yay!!!!! Here is where we will be sitting:



Not only is it closer to the visiting goaltender, it's also where the visiting team enters and exits the ice. Woohoo!!! Let's go Devils, let's go!!! 


At any rate, here is what I've chosen to stitch fall related wise. I really love Diane Williams of Little House Needleworks  work as it lends itself easily to not only over one stitching, which I am doing in this piece, but it also lends itself for customization. While I am stitching this in the called for colors that were included in the pack, I am seriously debating making the pumpkin white instead of well, pumpkin orange :P. I'm not sure yet, but comments are always welcome! :)






                        Designer:  Diane Williams of Little House Needleworks


Fabric: unknown 28 count Flax linen (Possibly Zweigart's Cashel linen)


                 Fibers Used:  Crescent Colours Belle Soie silk in Beanstalk,                                 Old Crow, Pumpkin Carriage, Red Fox and Teddy Bear






Well, I must be off. Got some stuff to do before I can get back to my stitching. Hope everyone is having a great week! :)


---


Respectfully submitted,


C. 

No comments: