About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Fast and the Furious Stitcher

I burned a wee bit of midnight oil last night in order to get this one finished up. I was halfway through stitching this and was inspired by the most wonderful way to stitch this up again. I was sort of cursing the fact that I had to finish up the current piece before I started a new one, when I discovered that I had not cut the fabric I was stitching on large enough to accommodate all of the design. Woohoo! So, I changed a wee bit of things around and added my own 'touches' to it and voilà! The piece is now finished and I have given myself 'permission' to start something new by re-stitching this piece as I had envisioned it.  With this  Bin O'Shame  finish, I am now down to 65 UFOs/WIPs in the  Bin O'Shame. The ultimate goal is to get down to just the Heaven and Earth Designs. Can't really stitch those up in a trice, now can I? ;)

Well, at any rate, here it is. Sizzling Sixteen UFO Finish from the  Bin O'Shame. This one is dedicated to Diane Williams of Little House Needleworks.  It is my sincerest hope that she gets well soon. 





Design: Autumn (Part of the Monochromatic Silk Seasons)

                        Designer:  Diane Williams of Little House Needleworks

Fabric: Belfast Linen in 32 count Country Mocha Belfast linen by Zwiegart

                 Fibers Used:  Crescent Colours Belle Soie silk in Cranberry, Ivy                            League Harvest, Malted Milk, Mango and Pumpkin Carriage.
                              Access Commodities Soie d'Alger in Blanc. 


                     Stitcher's Notes: Decided to not stitch this piece as a                                      monochromatic design. Leaf piles and floating  leaves                                           were stitched on the fly and not pre-planned out.  





                                       As of Wednesday, April 8, 2015:



Finished as of Friday, April 10, 2015:



I had best be off. I need to finish up my coffee and blog browsing. Then I need to decide if I will restart this one again, or if I get another UFO from the  Bin O'Shame out. Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend! :)

---

Respectfully submitted,

C. 

1 comment:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh my goodness...you are CRANKING them out! Beautiful!!