About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Monday, August 24, 2015

500th Post

I can't believe I finally made it to 500 posts. I suppose I should have a contest of sorts to celebrate. I will have to think on it some and see what I come up with. :)


This past weekend I was not feeling so hot, so I decided to take a minute and actually sit down and look at each project from the Bin O'Shame 
to see what I had, instead of just counting what was there. What I found actually surprised me. I found quite a number of projects that were barely started. And in some cases, not started at ALL! So, I did what any sane person in my position would do. I promptly removed them and put them in the kitted pile. After all that is said and done, a further 12 projects got removed, so I am now down to 40 projects left over from the Bin O'Shame! This includes ALL of the HAEDs, of which there are 5 started, and Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings. Woohoo! There are quite a number of small finishes so I will definitely be able to make my goal of 10 projects completed from this bin next year. 

With this post, I am getting a head start on that. I've had this since it first came out in 2006, however, I never really worked on it that much. I left the wings off as I hated the two colors that were chosen for them. The skeins of floss did not look well together and combined with the beading it just served to annoy me to no end. So, they got left off. Oh, well. I think she looks lovely without them! 

Well, here she is. I forgot to take a before picture. whoops! :)





Designer: Nora Corbett for Mirabilia 

Fabric Used: 32 count Natural linen from Zwiegart

Fibers Used: Crescent Colours cotton thread in Bella Rosa, Bing Cherry, Black Coffee, Bramble Bush, Cupid, Pink Champagne, Sassy Brass, Spinach, Zach Black. Rainbow Gallery Wisper thread in #88 WhiteKreinik metallic thread #4 VFB in 015 HL Chartreuse

Bling Used: Mill Hill petite beads in #42010 Ice. SJ Designs beads in #59 Plated silver. 

Stitcher's Notes: Left off wings as I could not get either the stitching nor the beads to sit correctly. I will either be restitching this with the wings or I will find a pair of small opalescent wings to attach to her. 



Finished as of Monday, August 24, 2015



Well, I best be off. Tons to do today. I hope everyone is having a fantastic week! 


---


Respectfully submitted,

C. 


3 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

She's cute as a button without her wings :)

Annie said...

Congrats on 5oo posts!
I love your little Christmas girl, and I kind of like her without the wings.
I have this chart, and I might leave them off, too when I make it.

Tracy J said...

A great finish, so precious!