About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Friday, October 9, 2015

Pre Weekend Blackbird Designs WIP

It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how much stash I happen to have, there will be a metric f-ton of it that I do not care to stitch on. I am reliably informed that this happens to folks who feel that way about clothing or shoes. I seem to have limited that particular madness to stitching and not anything else. After finishing Acorn Hill (Chart #46), I went looking for something else to stitch on. NOTHING was grabbing me. I was burned out on fall related pieces, and really didn't feel like any more Halloween stitching. I also was not in the mood for Christmas stitching. So, I went shopping in my stash to see what I had. I started with Kit Mountain and the Bin O'Shame and wound up unmotivated there. So, off I go to the Leaflet Silo. 

Ah!

Now we are in business!

After pawing through Leaflet Silo, I came across this one and thought, yep, this is it. It's festive enough for the 'holiday season', and yet it is not Santas, or christmas trees, or what have you. I love the way this one is turning out so far. If this color combination winds up being winner, winner chicken dinner, I will probably stitch the main design in these colors. 

Here is what I have so far:




Designer: Blackbird Designs

Fabric: 32 count Belfast linen in Legacy  by Picture This Plus, from their Crystal line. 

Fibers Used:  Crescent Colours Belle Soie silk in Fern Frond, Malted Milk, Noir, Rosebud, Rose of Sharon, Tree Trunk and Vanilla Pudding.  Gloriana Threads 12 strand French silk floss in #016 Holiday Green. 

Stitcher's Notes: Taken from the leaflet Christmas Garden. This leaflet is now OOP and very hard to find. Unfortunately, this leaflet is not for sale or trade. Began Wednesday, October 7, 2015.





Well, I had best be off. It's Friday, so there is plenty to do so I can enjoy the weekend in peace. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

---

Respectfully submitted,

C. 




No comments: