About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Third Organizational Post For 2015

And possibly final organizational post. 

As I seem to not be feeling well due to various factors (the weather, being female, cursed with hormones) I decided it would be a good time to get organized again and see what was what. Instead of confining myself to just the Bin O'Shame, I have decided to add Leaflet Silo, Kit Mountain and The Library into the mix, because I am seemingly a glutton for punishment. Obvs. (Please bear in mind, that when I took the pictures, these were not taken with any sort of artistic merit in mind. Please also bear in mind that crafting wise, this is my ONLY hobby. I do not sew, nor quilt, scrap, whatever. And this is cultivated over a 20+ year period, so yea, I've got a metric f-ton of stuff). 


In my original post regarding the Bin O'Shame, I began with 89 projects that had been left to sit for whatever reason or another. This year wound up being dedicated to stitching up as many of these as I could before burnout set in. I had an original goal of 25 to start, as I figured that was a goodly sized 'dent' in it. As of today, here is what I have managed to accomplish:


Journey began Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Original Total: 89
Removed 19 for various reasons, leaving 70 as the final total.

As of Friday, September 4, 2015:
35 stitched as of Friday, September 4, 2015

Total Left: 35

Well, that is certainly more than I had bargained for! And hooray for not only making the goal, but going beyond it. As of right now, I do not know if I will stitch anymore from the Bin O'Shame as I am quite burned out on it and none of the projects that are in the  Bin O'Shame are tickling my fancy at the moment. But, hey! Ya neva know! I do know there are a couple of Thanksgiving/Christmas projects in there that could stand some attention. And I may just get frisky and finish those rather than diving into Kit Mountain for those types of projects. 



So, without further ado, here is the before and after Bin O'Shame pictures:

 As of Tuesday, February 24, 2015:



As of Friday, September 4, 2015*:


*Not pictured are three HAED's (QS Maleficent, Treasures SK by Selina Fenech, and Shimmering Night by Ching Chou Kuik). These are packed up for the time being and I will not get to stitch on them any time soon due to time constraints. Although, knowing me, they just might get unpacked and stitched! The one in the bag is Christmas At Hawk Run Hollow, which I have apparently not touched since January of 2014. I should probably get back to that one and at least finish Block Three which has been started already. Still, in all, I made a hell of a lot more progress stitching these than I ever dreamed that I would. Which is a really nice feeling! :)


This then brings us to the 'rest of it'. 'The rest of it' comprising of Kit Mountain, Leaflet Silo and The Library. Kit Mountain is what I refer to as all of the projects that are kitted up and ready to go. It is comprised of the following:


As of Saturday, September 5, 2015:


 116 Projects

Total as of Saturday, October 17, 2015:

113 Projects


Not making any great strides in that area, however, I was concentrating on the Bin O'Shame, so that is no surprise there. This total also includes six HAED's that I will not be getting to any time soon. I find it odd to think that I will probably cull down Kit Mountain at some point, as there are numerous projects that I have no interest in stitching, but the HAED's will probably be stitched at some point. Go figure!

Here is how Kit Mountain is looking as of right now:




These are the HAEDs that await their turn:





In order to work all of these in, I am considering continuing stitching from Bin O'Shame and grabbing a kit out every time I finish something that I stitch from the Bin O'Shame. That way, they both get worked on at the same time. There is also plenty to stitch seasonally, as I am a seasonal type of stitcher for the most part. 


And then, there is Leaflet Silo. This is what I refer to as the bins of leaflets and charts that I have acquired over the years. Some I have purchased from brick and mortar stores, some from online shops, some form eBay and Etsy, and a lot from other stitchers. 

Please note that at this time, I have not taken an inventory of the individual bins or binders to see how many charts there are in each. I am organized, but I am also lazy :P. The contents of the bins are by designer in alpha order. I have a hard time trying to find things when it's done seasonally or by theme. I have found that alphabetical order is what is best for me. 


Here is A-H:



Contents of A-H:




I-Z:



Contents of I-Z:



Last but not least is The Library. The Library consists of the binders that I have created of designs ripped from magazines and charts that I have purchased online, in addition to freebies. It also includes books that I have purchased. For years I had numerous magazines from the US, UK, and France and it just got to be too much. I have broken down the US and UK magazines and have only kept the French magazines and those UK magazines that are rare and hard to find. Right now I have most of the books packed up, but I do have some special ones out in case I get the urge to stitch from them.


The Library- Binder Collection One:



The Library- Binder Collection Two:




The Binder Collection Two contains a binder full of charts and leaflets that are rare and hard to find. I am hoping to stitch out of that binder next year, in addition to stitching from the Bin O'Shame and Kit Mountain. It is a LOT of stuff and a lot to do, but this hobby is just as much about collecting as it is about actually stitching and creating things. 

I have a lot of grand plans for next year's stitching goals and quite honestly, I have no clue if any of them will come to fruition. 2016 should be as interesting a stitching year as 2015 sure as heck has been. 

I had best be off. I think I need a nap after all of this organizing. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

---

Respectfully submitted,

C. 










 

No comments: