About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Saturday, December 5, 2015

In The Blackbird Manner

This latest finish is a winter themed one. I haven't felt like stitching at all here lately, and really it is no wonder. I took an inventory the other day and  I have stitched a total of 22 projects from scratch and finished up 35 from the Bin O'Shame. That is a total of 57 projects, beating my 2010 high of 49 projects in various stages. Can we say burnout? o.O

So, I took a wee bit of a break. I have yet to even finish my November 2015 Overnight Shift project. Shameful I know, however, I just could not bring myself to even pick up the needle. So I read and watched Netflix. Read some more. Barnes and Noble had some great deals on e-books on Black Friday, so I snapped up a few. My latest read is A Journey Through Tudor England: Hampton Court Palace and the Tower of London to Stratford-upon-Avon and Thornbury Castle by Suzannah Lipscomb. It is a fascinating read on the places that made Tudor England such as Hampton Court palace, Tutbury Castle where Mary, Queen of Scots was imprisoned, and Hever Castle, the childhood home of Anne Boleyn, mother of Queen Elizabeth I.  I am really enjoying this book so far. 

A few days ago, I felt like I should stitch something. But what was the issue. I had in mind something wintery, rather than Christmas in nature. I have stitched a fair amount of Christmas related pieces, but nothing hardly winter related at all. Around the same time, I got the urge to stitch up something from Barb and Alma of Blackbird Designs. I always enjoy stitching their pieces. I also like the way you can combine several of their works to make something completely on your own. Which is exactly what I did with this latest finish. I stitched when I felt like it and didn't hurry. It took far longer than it should have, but honestly, I could go all next near without picking up the needle once and still be ahead of the game. It won't happen, but it's nice to know I could rest on my stitching laurels if I wanted to do so! :)

Well, at any rate, here is the latest piece. I need to finish it up either by making a door knob hanger or possibly framing. We will see.



Design: House and snowflake star taken from the design House on Holly Hill from the book Peppermint and Holly (page 9). Tree taken from the leaflet Christmas Garden. Bird taken from the Winter Garden pincushion design. 

Designer: Blackbird Designs

Fabric Used: 28 count Summer Sky jobelan by Wichelt

Fibers UsedCrescent Colours Belle Soie silk in Fern Frond and Malted Milk. Au Ver À Soie  Soie d'Alger in Blanc, 942, 1424, and 3842.

Accoutrements: Mill Hill beads in # #00479 White

Stitcher's Notes: Bird stitched one over one with full cross stitches. Please note that at this time, the Peppermint and Holly, Christmas Garden and Winter Garden pincushion design are not for sale or trade. Began Monday, November 30, 2015. Finished on Friday, December 4, 2015.





Well, I had best be off. Not sure what the game plan is for the weekend, but as Christmas shopping has been completed for this year and all of the online orders have come in, we probably should go out wandering around. :)

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

---


Respectfully submitted,

C. 


No comments: