About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Wanted: Mojo

Because I seem to have lost mine. I was terribly excited to start the much anticipated Noel 2009 by A Mon Ami Pierre. However, when I went to start the project, everything just sort of fell flat. I could not get into the project at all. I am terribly disappointed in this turn of events, as I was so looking forward to the project. These things happen I suppose, but it sure is rotten when it does happen. 

I have taken to cleaning out my stitching area again and getting things organized as well as decorating for the holiday season. In doing so, I came across a freebie design that I have had for quite some time. It reminded me of the Vierlanden samplers. Vierlanden is an marshy area south east of Hamburg, Germany where these distinct samplers were made. The name dates back to 1556 and refers to the four parishes Curslack , Kirchwerder , Neuengamme and Altengamme that are identical to the present districts. Most of them were made in the first half of the 1800's although there are a few from the late 1700's. All contain similar geometric motifs and flowering plants in urns. The motifs were stitched on various household linens. 

I am also quite keen on stitching these samplers. The catch was, I did not feel like stitching a huge project. And most Vierlanden samplers are quite large. However, this design is not that large (approximately 100 by 100 stitches), and it is a monochrome. Traditionally, Vierlanden samplers are stitched with black thread on white fabric, however, there are some Vierlanden samplers that were stitched with whatever materials were available at the time of the stitchers' choosing. I chose this latest start as I had the materials available and it appealed to me. 

Well, at any rate, here is what I have so far: 




Design: Sampler 69b

Designer: Ria Lanser of Stofnest Designs 

Fabric Used: 36 count Edinburgh linen by Hand Dyed Fibers in 

Xenops 5315 (equivalent to DMC 762, very pale grey)

Fibers Used: Crescent Colours Belle Soie silk in Old Crow

Stitcher's Notes: Both the chart and the designer are retired. 




I am really taking my time with this one, as nothing holiday or winter related is really calling to me. I have almost decided that next year will be dedicated to cleaning up more of the Bin O'Shame projects and working on some of my HAEDs and larger projects. I haven't quite decided, however, this is where I am leaning so far. 

Time for me to bolt for the door. I hope everyone is having a great week and a wonderful holiday season!


---

Respectfully submitted,

C. 


No comments: