About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The end of December and the beginning of January

Well, I ended 2009 with a bang and began 2010 the same way. On Tuesday, December 29, I received a panicked phone call from my only sibling, telling me that my mother was being admitted to the ER and that while she was there, she had a stroke. The next 24 hours were critical, and we almost lost her. DH and I packed up the car and drove out to FLA, which is approximately 2500 miles from where we live now. By the time we had gotten there, the very worst was over, however, she still has a long road to recovery ahead of her. All of the prayers and good thoughts are soooooooo appreciative.


While I was in the car, I discovered that stitching in the car doesn't make me as sick as it used to, so I managed to get some work done there and while I was in the ICU unit with Mom. I managed to finish THREE old UFOs and I feel really good about it. I have two more that need finishing up, and then I can start the memorial project for my son. (That will be a rough one to do, but do it I will. :/)


Here are my completed stitching projects and the two current WIPs. Stitchy notes attached for your consideration. :)



Finish Number One:


Design: Bless the Freeze

Designer: Sandra Dering of SanMan Originals

Fabric: 14 count light blue aida

Fibers: DMC B5200, 310, 561, and 3810. Needle Necessities in #110. Original Six Strand Sweets in Bavarian Mint.

Accouterments: Mill Hill beads in numbers 03062 (dark navy) and 00479 (pearl). Mill Hill Treasures Snowflakes, and SanMan Originals Moon and Stars buttons.


Note: The original design called for three very large snowflakes across the bottom of the snowman to be stitched in the Six Strand Sweets Bavarian Mint and cardinal buttons on the snowman's arms. After a miscalculation in stitching on my part, followed by not a whole lot of that thread left plus no cardinal buttons to be had in my stash, led to the snowflakes being skipped and the SMO moon and stars buttons to be added.


PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS DESIGN IS A MEMBER ONLY PATTERN AND IS NOT FOR SALE!!!











Finish Number Two:


Design: Pear (chart pack with fibers)

Designer: Diane Williams of Little House Needleworks

Fibers: Crescent Colours Sassy Brass, Antique Lace, Bramble Bush, Hickory Sticks, and Weeping Willow

Fabric: 28 count Natural Pearl linen









Finish Number Three:





Design: Blueberries (chart pack with fibers)


Designer: Diane Williams of Little House Needleworks


Fibers: Crescent Colours Wavy Navy, Blue Moon, Tomatillo, Weeping Willow, and Whatley Woods


Fabric: 28 count cream jobelan


Notes: Left leaves off of center design as I thought it made it look too busy.












Current WIPs:


Design: Love Letters (member free gift design)


Designer: Papillion Creations


Fabric: 32 count Country French Mocha linen


Fibers: DMC 815 and B5200








WIP number two



Design: Bee Sampler


Designer: Diane Williams of Little House Needleworks


Fabric: 28 count light cream Monaco evenweave


Fibers: Crescent Colours House Wine, Hickory Sticks and Bean Sprout, DMC 434, 644, 676, 937, and B5200


Note: Substituted CC Hickory Sticks for the called for DMC 3371 as I did not have 3371 in my bags at the time. (Usually, it's the other way around...DMC for specialty threads, LOL!)








Thank you so much for looking. Time to get dressed to go to the gym and work off all of the Bono's BBQ and Krystal hamburgers I ate last week! :D


---


Respectfully submitted,


C.

No comments: