About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Thursday, February 25, 2010

C'est fini!

Yesterday was Wednesday, February 24, 2010. It was not your normal day for me, as I managed to finish two projects, one long term and one short term, in the same day. The long term project was school. Yesterday was my last day. Hard to believe that seven months went by that quick. In that amount of time, I lost my child to stillbirth, almost lost my mother to stroke, and lost a ten year friendship with someone whom it became apparent that I was more invested in the friendship than they were. (I mean, really, there's really only one way you can take the statement, 'Well, since you can't come see me for Christmas, I'm thinking about going to Cancun with a co-worker". And this was stated after it was made known to this person that I really needed to see them after losing the baby. DH and I couldn't swing the over 1200 bucks for plane tickets, so it was a no go on our end. And we did everything except beg, borrow and/or steal the money to try and get there. So, yea. Not sure how else you can take a statement like that!). Had to cope with a lot of stuff, but I would like to think that at bare bones minimum, I've come out knowing more than I did, and finally enjoyed school again, after 28 years. Good thing about massage therapy is that there are almost 300 modalities that you can specialize in, so I won't ever get bored. I am definitely going into aromatherapy, deep tissue, trigger point and hot stone massage right off the bat. I am seriously considering pre and post natal massage, infant massage, color therapy, massage for fibromayalgia patients, Reiki and a few others. I have the rest of my life to pretty much do continual learning, and that is what excites me about this job the most. I will be able to continue to learn new things, explore new frontiers and in the immortal words of Spock, "Space... the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Her ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life forms and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.". I turn 40 in March, and never have I had such an anticipated and positive time in my life. I think the next year will be filled with a lot more adventures for me and the Hubmeister, and as is our custom, we will have fun going boldly into that new Frontier. :)


The second finish is an actual cross stitching finish. I had started it not too long ago, and with one thing being another, and with my running around like a woman possessed by Dionysus Himself trying to get all my I's dotted and T's crossed before I left for school, I really didn't feel like stitching much. However, life having the sense of humor that it does, I had to get the address on my driver's license changed. In order to take the Massage Therapy National Certification tests, the address on my DL *has* to match what is on the letter that I got in the mail. To say that the lines were long was to say that the economy is a 'little' in the tank. Yesterday was my THIRD time going to try and get a simple address change done, and I spent four HOURS in the DMV yesterday alone. (It was 4.5 hours the other two times I went combined together). So, needless to say, I had some free time. Managed to get one done and another WIP in the Q-Snaps. Here is my finish, with the related Stitchy Notes. :)



Design: Souvenir de France (To Remember France)

Designer: Blackbird Designs free gift design (can be found here ).


Fabric: DMC 14 count rose stripe aida #DC27R-Rose


Fiber: DMC 310 (Solid Black)








I put LHN 'To bee or not to bee' back in to finish. Shouldn't take long to finish, then I need to finish the other two in my DMC bag, then I can start the Hubmeister's project. It's a lovely Joan Elliot map that will hang in his office. I can't wait to start it! :)


Well, I need to bolt for the door. The Hubmeister being the number one village Husband that he is, has arranged for me to receive a 90 minute massage today. Woohoo! I'm glad I waited to get married, cause I surely got the best husband of them all! :D


Hope everyone has a good weekend!



---


Respectfully submitted,


C.

No comments: