About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Monday, March 1, 2010

SanMan Sunday and a hockey game

Taking a break from studying to screw around on the intarwebs, because, well, that's what the intarwebs are for, no? Posting captioned pictures of cats and social networking, yea? :D


Yesterday was apparently, tying up loose ends day. It was also SanMan Sunday. Some of the ladies of the SMO message board have chosen Sundays to stitch on any SMO projects. I finished off two SMO's and a LHN that had been sitting for a bit. I'm happy to have them completed. I put the Cross Eyed Cricket that I had been working on back in the Q-Snaps and I will be working on that from now on. It's over halfway completed, so I hope to have it finished soon. Then I can start on a present for DH, Maria Diaz' Seafarer's Globe from a UK magazine. I have a hideously expensive piece of Legacy Linen by Picture This Plus to stitch it on. I got all of the DMC threads for it this morning at Michael's, however, they did not have one of the colors I needed, so I will pick that up later. I am waffling between using Kreinik braid and Rainbow Gallery's petite Treasure Braid. The design calls for DMC Light Effects and I'd rather have major dental surgery than to stitch with that crap. I haven't really used PTB, however, there is some in the Checkered Love kit by M Designs. I may wait on the stitching of the map until I've had a chance to try the PTB out.


Well, here are the finishes, that were finished last night, 02.28.10.



Finish #1:



Designer: Diane Williams of Little House Needleworks


Fabric: 28 count light cream Monaco evenweave


Fibers: Crescent Colours House Wine, Hickory Sticks and Bean Sprout, DMC 434, 644, 676, 937, and B5200


Note: Substituted CC Hickory Sticks for the called for DMC 3371 as I did not have 3371 in my bags at the time. (Usually, it's the other way around...DMC for specialty threads, LOL!)








Finish #2 and 3:


On the right:


Design: Snow Much


Designer: Sandra Dering for SanMan Originals for SMO Members Only


Fabric: 28 count opalescent lugana


Fibers: DMC B5200, 305, 601 and 3806







On the right:


Design: Kiss Me February 2010 Calendar


Designer: Sandra Dering for SanMan Originals for SMO Members Only


Fabric: 16 count (I think!) pale pink aida


Fibers: DMC 318, 415, 602, 603 and a tiny bit of Kreinik blending filament








Here is the current WIP. Please bear in mind the lighting is not good today, so the picture isn't the best. :/:


Design: February Heart from CEC Leaflet #240 Peace


Designer: Cross Eyed Cricket


Fibers: DMC 224, 500, 503, 822, 3032, 3033, 3721


Fabric: 28 count Monaco, hand dyed by me in a color I like to refer to as Dark Honey Ale :)







Here is The Next Big Thing. I swear I love the planning and pulling of mats better than i like stitching at times! I really get into changing the threads and fabrics to make a project uniquely my own. :P


Design: Seafarer's Globe from the UK CrossStitcher magazine #187, June 2007 edition


Designer: Maria Diaz


Fabric 28 count linen by Picture This Plus in Legacy


Fibers: DMC









In the above picture, you can tell that the 3031 is the odd man and is the one that Michael's did not have. I will pick another one up at Joanne's or maybe Stitcher's Paradise later this week. I managed to somehow snap one one but TWO of my beloved platinum needles by John James and both were my favorites. Le sigh.




The Hubmeister and I watched the heartbreaking loss of the US men's Olympic team to Canada in hockey for the gold medal yesterday. The US played their hearts out and I am proud to say, it wasn't a 'Gimme' for the Canadians in the least. Luongo gave up two goals, and BOTH were entirely his fault. Maybe now the yapping will cease that Marty is 'washed up' and a 'burned out has-been'. Luongo is naught but 30, but consistency has never been his forte. I noticed that when the Canadian players were being announced as they were being given their gold medals, Luongo was summarily booed, while Marty was cheered, despite the fact that Marty was pulled after the Canadians suffered a loss to the US in the preliminary rounds. Intéressant, n'est pas?


Two US players were of particular note during the game. Thanks to NJ Devil Number Nine, Mr. Zach Parise, the USA managed to hang on until an OT could be played. Thank you, Mr. Parise, for giving the US hope and that was one HELL of a goal, 24 seconds before the end of regulation play tying the game 2-2, forcing a sudden death OT.






And of course, much thanks and gratitude go out to Mr. Ryan Miller, of the Buffalo Sabres who was backstopping for Team USA. Without you, Mr. Miller, Team Canada would have run all over us, like a John Deere in the middle of harvest season in Iowa. Team USA could not have hung on like they did without you and some of the most awesome goal tending I have ever seen, and that includes my beloved Martin Brodeur. You played your heart out and made the Canadians earn every last goal, right down to the wire and for that I thank you. I am proud that you played and started for Team USA and silver medal is nothing to be ashamed of. I saw the disappointment and heartbreak written all over your face and oh, how I wish the US could have scored the goal first! You did more than your best and for that I thank you. After your performance, while I may be a Jersey Devil girl forever, I am a Ryan Miller fan for life. :)






For Mr. Miller:




Hope everyone is having a good start to their week. I've screwed around long enough and now need to go study some more. :P


---


Respectfully submitted,


C.

No comments: