About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thine Is The Trick And The Treat

Yea, yea, yea. I know, I know, I know. I need another start like I need a hole in the head, but yesterday I finally got around to dyeing fabric for Prairie Moon's For Thine Is The Trick And The Treat. Which was a jolly good thing, because my threads from Hand Dyed Fibers came in. I approached these with a LOT of trepidation, as the last time I dealt with them, they shredded and knotted like no one's business. I also prefer a smoother silk, rather than a nubbly one that looks more like perle cotton. Know what I mean?


When they arrived in the mail, I was looking for actual skeins, which was what I ordered. Six skeins at five yards each. What I received instead was the floss wound on spools. 


This was actually a pleasant surprise. It's nice to have it on a spool so there are no creases in the thread, which I appreciate. However, I have had it knot up on me once or twice so far, but I will try thread lengths of no more than 10-12 inches and see if that does not fix the issue. I plan on using two other colors in this project. I won't finish it any time soon, as I have Ghostly Quaker and the Christmas Cabin which MUST be completed by the end of the month, NO EXCEPTIONS!!! The Christmas Cabin is a Christmas gift, so you can understand my clamping down on myself about that one. I'm about to get into the really busy season at work, so my stitching will fall by the wayside as consequence. But it WILL get done. Oh, yes, my friend. It WILL get done! :D



At any rate, here are the preliminary stitches in For Thine Is The Trick. I'm really liking how it's turning out so far!


Design: Thine Is The Trick And The Treat



Designer: Prairie Moon


Fabric: Fleur de Luce Hand Dyeds 28 count Monaco fabric in Storm Clouds

Fibers: Hand Dyed Fibers in Old Maid of the Abyss , Six Strand Regular.











Well, it's my Monday, so I have to get some things ready for work. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend! :)


---

Respectfully submitted,

C.



1 comment:

Leeland said...

This is an amazing project you're tackling with! I soo love it...
I have decided to let autumn go and prepare Xmas...
Take care,
Lili Bear/Leeland