About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Refusing to let fall go so easily

I am really, really disappointed in retail stores here lately. I went out and about Monday, running some errands, and the stores went from Halloween to Christmas in 0.00002 seconds flat. I mean, there wasn't a turkey motif to be found *anywhere*. This is so disappointing to me as I LOVE Thanksgiving. I love roasted turkey and homemade gravy and homemade rolls. I know in the grand scheme of things, this is such a minor thing, but really?! Can't we just hold onto fall just a tiny bit longer before the madness and greed of Christmas descends? I mean, that's the whole point of Thanksgiving, yea? To pause and reflect as to what we are grateful for and to relish the fruits of our labors? (Listen to me! I sound like an old fuddy duddy! :) )


What this long winded rant really means is,is that I am holding out stitching anything Christmas related for just a bit longer. Yea, yea, yea. I know this means that the Prairie Schooler Christmas cabin is put on the back burner for just a week or two longer, but I really want fall to stick around, for just a bit longer. It's my favorite season, you see. Other than winter. At any rate, this means I've put the beginning stitches in Country Cottage Needleworks Fall Festival #3 Fall Leaves block . There's not enough stitched to post a picture at this time, but I won't. I will state categorically and for the record that I really, *REALLY* do appreciate that there is enough
Crescent Colours Belle Soie silks to stitch the design on my beloved 28 count fabric. Thank you so much, Nikki and Sharon!!! 32 count is getting to be too small for my eyes and really, really do prefer to stitch 2 over 2 on 14 or 28 count fabric. You ladies rock! :)


At any rate, here is my newest project, a SanMan Original. As soon as I saw this, I had to print it out and stitch it immediately. It is part of the recent 2010 Fright Night that Sandy hosted for her message board members. I found the perfect fabric for it and converted the DMC threads to my beloved Soie d'Alger silks. As is the custom, this is a fast fun stitch that I am really, really enjoying.


Here are the stitchy notes:


Design: Ghostly Quaker


Designer: Sandra Dering for SanMan Originals


Fabric:
Picture This Plus 28 count cashel linen in Sprite (DMC 3743 Variegated)


Fibers:
Access Commodities Soie d'Alger in Blanc Optique, Noir, 3842 and 3843.





In other news, it seems as if my beloved Devils are in LAST PLACE (gasp!) in the league right now and even my other favorite team, the Sabres aren't doing so well. I will keep the faith regardless, but here's hoping that things get better!


I need to bolt for the door now. Laundry and the Ghostly Quaker is a-callin'! Hope everyone is having a great week! :)


---


Respectfully submitted,

C.

2 comments:

StitchinKat said...

Sorry about the Devs! Did I hear Brodeur was hurt? 'Canes are batting .500, which would be great if it were baseball, but we'll take 12 pts in 12 games, and the top rookie in the NHL for now!

ArchangelDecker said...

Kat~

Yea, he got a bit bruised, but should be ok. Scored 5-3 against the Blackhawks, and we needed that win. Marty *should* be good to go come Friday, however, Parise is out for THREE MONTHS for a torn meniscus. :(

I hope he gets better quickly!!