About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Year In Review

It's inevitable, isn't it? The year winds down and out come the lists. I'm no different, as I LOVE the year in review lists. I find them fascinating. During all of the year end clearance and list making, however, I somehow managed to get sick. Yay. Go me :P. No last minute finish for me, but I do have one last WIP of the year. I should hopefully finish it soon after New Year's. Here's what I have so far:


Design: My Home design from the Loose Feathers Leaflet #38


Designer: Blackbird Designs


Fabric: 28 count linen in French Lace (DMC equivalent to 3024~ paler) by Wichelt


Fibers: Crescent Colours Belle Soie silks in Cranberry, Ivy League, Shale, Sweet Lavender, and Vanilla Pudding.


Note: Will be using Elegant Eggplant and Shepherd's Pasture to finish off the piece.







I had heard of Minna and her 2011 challenge of 15 WIPs in the first 15 days of January 2011. I toyed with the idea, but I decided instead of STARTING 15 new ones, why not FINISH 15 of the ones I already have started? I fully understand the concept of stitching what you have, however, like some folks, I have more started than one probably has a right to, and I really wanna have another year of the UFO as I managed to get about 30 pieces finished off last year, for a total of 52 finishes. That's one a week! :D

So I got out my Big Honkin' Box O' Shame and had at it. The rules are that I cannot start anything other than the Seafarer's Globe for The Hubmeister, Praiseworthy Stitches Winter at Beacon House by Praiseworthy Stitches in the latest JCS magazine, and one or two SanMan Originals for SanMan Sundays. Here is a picture of the Beacon House piece:


Design: Winter at Beacon House

Designer: Praiseworthy Stitches for the January/February 2011 issue of Just Cross Stitch.


Fabric: Zweigart 32 count Belfast linen in Pearl Grey (DMC equivalent to 415).


Fibers: Crescent Colours Belle Soie Silks in Bahama Breeze, Carrot Cake, Collard Greens, Fern Frond, Harvest, Mango, Noir, Old Crow, Peacock, Slate, Tree Trunk, Tulip, Tumbleweed, and Vanilla Pudding




I have chosen 21 projects instead of 15 as some of them are not gonna take that much to finish off and quite frankly, 21 is the lucky number here in Las Vegas. Here is what I have chosen for my pieces to finish stitching on:

1. Merry Christmas by Blackbird Designs

2. March Birthday needleroll by The Victoria Sampler

3. Fall Leaves Chart No. 3 by Country Cottage Needleworks

4. Checkered Love by M Designs

4. Pretty Posies by Dena's Closet for Bucilla

5. Ice Cream Sundae by Country Cottage Needleworks

6. Summer Heart Part 4 by Linda Culp Calhoun for Leisure Arts magazine

7. Season of Growth by Little House Needleworks

8. Joy of Christmas by My Big Toe Designs for Just Cross Stitch magazine

9. Love Letters by Papillion Creations

10. Noel heart by Bleu de Chine

11. Paris sampler by Novalee

12. February Heart by Cross Eyed Cricket

13. Cross of Christmas by My Big Toe Designs for the 2009 Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue

14. Winter Side by SanMan Originals for message board members

15. Cherries by JBW Designs

16. Let's Go To The Beach by JBW Designs for Cross Stitch and Needlework magazine, July 2009

17. Christmas Chickadee by Valerie Pfeiffer for The World of Cross Stitching #118

18. Oriental Beauty September 2007 issue of UK Cross Stitcher

19. Devotion free kit Issue 223 of UK Cross Stitcher

20. Quaker Christmas Alphabet by Carriage House Samplings

21. My nephew's birth sampler. He's almost three, for cripes' sake!


Well, I must be off. Thanks for following along with me in 2010, and I hope to see you all in 2011! Happy New Year! :)


---


Respectfully submitted,

C.

No comments: