About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Whoopsies! :D

Hey there, sports fans! Hope everyone is having a great week. This upcoming weekend is Memorial Day here in the US and I am not too entirely certain The Hubmeister and I will be partaking in any festivities. Whatever we do, I will be thinking and praying for those who have served my country's military, both past and present. Thank you for you and your families sacrifice!


In other news, you know you're overly tired when you mix up dates. By that I mean not a wee bit o' somethin'. I mean, by like a MONTH. In my last post, I had indicated that my MIL and I were going to the Western Quilt, Show and Expo . When we got to the hotel that the expo was going to be held, we couldn't find it anywhere. It was no wonder as that was MAY the 21st and the show wasn't until JUNE 21st. O.O. It was no worries, however, because the local SPCA was having a cat show so we paid the small fee to get in and went and looked at cats and all of the fun stuff you find at shows of that nature. We both found several breeds we would love to have. We are rescue people by nature so I'm sure eventually we will be looking into rescues.


At any rate, here is the wee bit of progress I've made on Sew Blue:




Design: Sew Blue

Designer: Carol R of iStitch Designs

Fabric: Fabric: Wichelt 32 count linen in Antique White

Fiber: Crescent Colours Belle Soie silk in Blue Heaven and Indigo





I have yet another project kitted up and ready to go. I am *trying* to hold off until I have at least ONE more WIP/UFO completed, but I can feel my resolve going the way of the do do bird :/. When I first saw it, I fell completely in love with it and now that I have all the materials, I can't WAIT to start it.


At any rate here it is:







Fabric: Lakeside Linens 32 count Zweigart linen in Bisque.


Fibers: Needlepoint, Inc. 8 Ply 100% Pure Chinese Silk in colors 128, 902, 976, and 993.







I chose to use the as called for floss and colors and this is one time I am NOT disappointed in what was chosen. Every now and again, I change the colors of the floss and/or fabric as I am not overly thrilled with the suggested materials. It's my own fault, as I generally choose brighter, more jewel toned colors and sometimes the designer sees it differently :).


Well, I best be off. I have tons of stuff to do and time's a wastin'. Happy weekend to you all! :)


---



Respectfully submitted,


C.

No comments: