About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Newness And An Apology


First off, an apology to my viewers out there in Blogland. I was a bit highly cranky the other day. I apologize for this. I realized quite after the fact that it was the 15 year anniversary of my father's passing and it's been almost 3 years since I lost the baby. That being said, I am putting all this out there as an explanation and not an excuse for my ranting about Webshots going to a full paid site.  It was uncalled for, and I do apologize. :)



This has led to a lot of soul searching. This post makes 295. With the vast majority of my photos being hosted on weak sauce Webshots, I really have no choice but to find another hosting site due to the site wanting to charge. It's the way of the world, I suppose, but that is still a lot of photos to re-upload onto another site and a LOT of posts to change all of the code on. So what I propose is this: Once Webshots takes all of the non-paid for photos offline, I will not redo the code on 290 posts, unless someone wishes to see the final product. If I stay unemployed and hit a level of boredom previously unknown, I do not see me changing the posts. But, never say never. I'll let the Universe decide that. :)


So, right now I am in exploratory phase of finding new photo hosting sites. I've tried Picasa and HATED IT. I am less than enthralled with Photobucket. I've used it twice in the last two posts and each time it was different. I'm sorry, guys. I'm getting to the point in my life where I do not like constant change. Upgrades are fine, but really, some of your beta testers need to be old folks. If they can't operate it, go back to the drawing board!


Any who, I've decided to test out Smug Mug. Yes, it's a paid for site, but the cheapest is 35 bucks a year and if DH says it's doable, then so be it. I've been playing around with it, and I really like it so far. We'll see how it goes once I start finishing things and what all. Never say never, let the Universe decide that. :)



Here is the latest project I started today during a Sex and the City marathon. Yes, it's so very late 90's of me, but honestly, it was just on for background and there wasn't my preferred SVU marathon on and Create was just not showing anything I wanted to see. 


Design: Quaker Swan freebie (the chart really doesn't have a title and this was gifted to me by another stitcher, so that's what I'm calling it! :P)


Designer: A Mon Ami Pierre


Fabric: 32 count Antique White Belfast linen by Zwiegart


Fiber Used: The Thread Gatherer Silk n' Colors #1065 Independence Rain


Stitchy Notes: One silk floss thread over two fabric threads








Well, that's all for now. It's late and I need to go to bed. Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)









2 comments:

Christina said...

Very nice start. Glad you were able to find a photo site, hope it works well for you.

Faith... said...

I moved my photos to http://www.ipernity.com/ it is a free site and it is kind of nice. I did not care for photobucket at all.