About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bagged and Tagged

Well, I may not have been stitching hardly any, but I sure have been aquiring! Not that I don't have anything to stitch, mind you. I've had these things on my wish list for quite some time now and have slowly found them here and there. Some were LNS purchases, others were ONS and auction sites. Some were off line between myself and another fellow stitcher. I think you'll agree, I've done rather well! :D


First up is a few Just Nan things I found in my LNS. I was lucky enough to score the LAST of what was available. Yay! Go me! I managed to snag Summer Typography, some extra hangers for my Gingerbread Mouse ornaments (I really wanted to make more than one!), and the super, super rare Lady Scarlet's Secret Garden!!! I could never find this one at a price even approching a reasonable price, but this one sure was. I really lucked out at my LNS! :)







Next up is a kit that Blackbird Designs did last year. I waffled on this for quite some time, but when I decided I wanted it, it was all sold out. As is always the case, yes? So, I managed to snag this one at an online auction site. The kit is called Wild Garden and it came in this very pretty tin. 





Next up is two semi kits from Kreinik Manufacturing. They are apart of the 'Remember The Ladies' series. These were also purchased via an online auction site. One is by Historic Stitches called Williamsburg Lady. The other is by Mary Garry's Sewing Cabin and is called Milkpaint Sampler. Both have half skeins of the Kreinik silk mori floss in them. I just have to supply the fabric. I am seriously considering doing these on at least 40 count, but we shall see.  



Next up is yet another HAED. I simply could not resist this one during a recent 50% off sale. I LOVE this design and hopefully can start it soon. This one is called Dragon Skies by Selina Fenech



Next up is a purchase I made from another stitcher. I've been wanting this one for quite some time now and this is such a neat book. This is Miniatures de Point de Croix by Francoise Prax. It is published by Marabout in France. It has 50 charts in it and I adore going through it! I can see using these tiny samplers as test for fabric and floss combinations for larger pieces. 


Last up is L'arbre de Noé et autres tableaux au point de croix  by Julia Line of Long Dog Samplers. This is also published by Marabout in France. It has ten giant samplers in them and I have wanted this book for a long, long time. This is the first edition of the book and it is all in French. I wanted it for the Paradigm Revisited (which is inspired by the book Paradise Lost by John Milton), and the Les grandes pensées sampler. The name and the sampler were inspired by a maxim attributed to Luc de Clapier, Marquis de Vauvenargues (1715-1747). Both of these samplers are just gorgeous and I am also hoping to get to them at some point in the near future. 


The yellow folder on the left of the picture is what houses the charts for the samplers. I am such a sucker for packaging! :P

 Paradigm Revisited


 Les grandes pensées


Well, that's all for now. Hope everyone is having a great week! 


---


Respectfully submitted,


C. 








No comments: