About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

At First Glance


Ever had something happen to you that at first glance you are really annoyed/disappointed/pissed off about but when you've taken a second look at it, it actually turns out to be a good thing? Case in point, Charter Communications cable tv. Turns out that in order to 'improve service', they've taken out all of the non digital tv stations and replaced them with HD ones. Now, normally, this wouldn't cause such a fuss, however, I am a HUGE fan of Create TV, which, you guessed it, is not a digital channel. DH and I do not watch a whole lot of TV as it is, so this was frustrating, disappointing, and ultimately, it pissed me off. However, as I got to thinking about it, this left me thinking that this is in the end game, a lot better for me. I have some projects planned of the non-stitching variety and have a few things in the works, at the moment. Now, I can spend more time on those, and naturally my stitching, rather than casting about trying to find something 'decent' on tv to watch. We have a Samsung Smart TV and a Netflix account if I truly need background tv noise. 


At any rate, I've made some progress on my Letters from Nora Letter Q  (now Letter O). I think it's coming along nicely, although, it still looks like the The Blob. I am hoping to get more done to where it starts coming together at least. Here's progress pics from last time and one I took just now:





Design: Letters from Nora Letter Q  (now Letter O)


Designer: Nora Corbett 


Fabric Used: 28 count Cashel linen in Minty Green Opalescent


Fibers Used: Crescent Colours  cotton floss in Argyle Socks, Cloud, Cobbled Peach, Heatherleigh, Hickory Sticks, Hydrangea, La Tierra, Vintage Violet, Wisconsin Woods. Kreinik (#4) Braid in Blue Merengue #3514.  Mill Hill glass seed beads in #00252 Iris, size 11/0 2.5 MM, Crystal Treasures #13063 Champagne Fuchsia rondeles size 4 MM, and Petite Seed Beads in #42027 Champagne, Size 15/0 2.0 MM. 


Stitcher's Notes:  XXII Winter Olympics project. Letter Q substituted for Letter O. Will leave the 'tail' of the Q off of the design. My LNS did not have letter O in stock, however, I liked the letter Q better anyway so it all worked out! :)


What it will eventually look like (minus the tail!): 




Progress as of Sunday, February 9, 2014:




Progress as of Wednesday, February 12, 2014:




Well, I best be off. Need to do some chores before I start dinner tonight. Hope everyone has a fantastic Valentine's Weekend! :)


---


Respectfully submitted,


C. 



No comments: