About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2017 Finishes

1. Now I Know My ABC’s (Winter theme) by Blackbird Designs. Finished Friday, January 6, 2017

2. Sew Bands by iStitch Designs. Finished Friday, January 13, 2017

3. Les Grande Pensée excerpt. Finished Friday, January 20, 2017

4.Spring For Rabbits by The Gentle Art Sampler Threads. Finished Sunday, February 12, 2017

5. Teacup Mice by Margaret Sherry. Finished Tuesday, February 14, 2017

6. New Years’ Magic by Brooke’s Books. Finished Thursday, February 23, 2017

7. Les étiquettes des bocaux (Jar Labels) Blue Teacup by Véronique Enginger of Les Brodeuses Parisiennes. Finished Thursday, March 2, 2017

8. Les étiquettes des bocaux (Jar Labels) Yellow Teabag by Véronique Enginger of Les Brodeuses Parisiennes. Finished Friday, March 3, 2017

9. Les étiquettes des bocaux (Jar Labels) Clothespin with Flowers by Véronique Enginger of Les Brodeuses Parisiennes. Finished Friday, March 10, 2017

10. Luck 2017 Flip-It by Lizzie Kate. Finished Sunday, March 12, 2017

11. Now I Know My ABC’s by Blackbird Designs (summer version). Finished Friday, March 17, 2017

12. Basket by Lizzie Kate. Finished Friday, March 24, 2017

13. Love by Lizzie Kate. Finished Sunday, March 26, 2017

14. My Wurk by At The Hop. Finished Thursday, April 6, 2017

15. Buttons and Blooms by Blackbird Designs. Finished Saturday, May 13, 2017

16. Tiny Flag by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Friday, May 19, 2017

17. Winds of Change by Cross Eyed Cricket. Finished Wednesday, June 21, 2017

18. Summer by The Snowflower Diaries. Finished Friday, June 23, 2017

19. Flags and Friends by Bent Creek. Finished Tuesday, July 11, 2017

20. Strawberries and Cream By Casey Buonaugurio. Finished Sunday July 16, 2017

21. Be Kind and True by Blackbird Designs. Finished Sunday, August 6, 2017

22. Little Sunflower Doodle by SanMan Originals. Finished Wednesday, August 9, 2017

24. All Hallows Eve by Chessie and Me. Finished Monday, September 11, 2017

25. Creepy by SanMan Originals. Finished Tuesday, September 12, 2017

26. 2010 Fright Night Quaker Halloween by SanMan Originals. Finished Sunday, October 15, 2017

27. Boo! by Blackbird Designs. Finished Tuesday, October 31, 2017.

28. Yule by The Primitive Hare. Finished Monday, November 27, 2017

29. Merry One by Plum Street Samplers. Finished Saturday, December 9, 2017

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10

2. 2009 Finishes- 21

3. 2010 Finishes- 49

4. 2011 Finishes- 26

5. 2012 Finishes- 35

6. 2013 Finishes- 7

7. 2014 Finishes- 19

8. 2015 Finishes- 61

9. 2016 Finishes- 50

10. 2017 Finishes-

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

It May Be Time

Methinks it may be time to re-designate the year 2014 from another Bin O' Shame-acalypse to The Year of the Mirabilia Fairies. Not that there's anything wrong with this, so s'welp me every time I have tried to work on something not a Mirabilia and not a fairy, I've had to rip everything I did out and it was just uninspired and blah stitching time. 

I had gotten the next fairy ready to go, however, when I went to stitch on her, the 32 count Laguna in Legacy has proved to be a gigantic pain in the tookis. The stitches are not sitting correctly. Some stitches are puffy and others look like I had to wrestle the need through the fabric (which I did!). I am not happy with the way it was turning out, so it's time to reboot that one. I need linen, I think and obviously, sparkly fabric at that :). As this is to be a birthday present, I do want it to look like it's special. I have also decided to change some of the colors in it, so it will be a at least semi-converted piece. I have always thought that Nora Corbett did a fantastic job in choosing colors, so I've never felt the need to change anything other than fabric. I may do some other changes, but for now I'm just enjoying the stitching. :)

In the interest of fairness, I do need to point out that I did change out the fabric in this kit. The original kit came with a 32 count Natural Belfast linen, which I thought washed the delicate pastel floss out. I knew I wanted to stitch it on Crystal Spring , however, the kit was around 50 bucks, plus around 25-30 dollars more for a quarter yard of fabric that I may not have any other use for. I hesitated buying the kit for years, but finally caved in and bought it and the Crystal Spring fabric. 

Welp, enough of my blathering. Let's get on with the show! :)

Design: The Easter Fairy (Limited Edition kit)

Designer: Nora Corbett 

Fabric Used: 28 count linen in Crystal Spring

Fibers Used: Crescent Colours  cotton floss in Baby Chick, Bella Rosa, Betty Bluebell, Blue Beatrice, Blueberry Tart, Bramble Bush, Fool's Gold, Sassy Brass, St. Bernard, Tufted Yellow, Wasabi, and Zach Black. Kreinik (#4) Braid in #3223 Ametrine

Bling Used: Mill Hill glass seed beads in size 11/0 #02010 Ice 

What she eventually will look like:

As of Wednesday, May 14, 2014:

My apologies for my photography skills. The fabric is a VERY pretty bright Kelly green and the sparklies in the fabric show it off very nicely. I had taken two sets of photos of this piece and wound up with the piece either being washed out or darker than it is. I will probably get some pointers from my BIL who went to school for photography. :)

Here is a better color match to the fabric: 

Welp, I best be off. Stuff to do today before I get back to The Easter Fairy  and my Murder, She Wrote marathon. Hope everyone has a wonderful week! :)


Respectfully submitted,


1 comment:

Beaj said...

Looks great, nice start and love the design..:)