About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

WIP Wednesday Dragging Of The Feet

Yep, I said it. It's out there now and make no mistake, mind. I have been doing nothing but reading and indulging in series via Netflix and Amazon Prime. I have stitched hardly a thing. Burnout has well and truly set in. 

This situation may be a temporary thing, as Michelle Sayetta of Heaven and Earth Designs announced on the official Heaven and Earth Designs Facebook page that there is a stitching challenge for November. You must choose one HAED piece for this challenge (either in process or a new start) and the goal is to complete 100 stitches per week for a 4 week time frame. You will post a pic of your WIP on the group with the name of the design (It must be posted on the group within the next 48 hours) and then November 28th post a side by side image showing your progress. At the end of November each person that has completed the challenge will receive a very special chart just for this event and only for the group. I have decided that, naturally, my QS Evil Queen will be the subject. 100 stitches per week is not that many, and is a goal that is easily completed. This also means that for the first time ever in my years of stitching, I am actually going to have to count out my stitches! I have never felt the need to do so. In fact, I lose all track of time and space when I stitch, so counting out stitches would just throw me off and harsh the stitching buzz, man ;). I think what I am going to do to combat this is to count out 400 stitches on QS Evil Queen and then 'start' from there. I am attempting to finish up the left hand side with the 3766 that I am stitching with at the moment. I do love pieces with blocks of some colors and confetti in others. I think constant confetti would drive me insane, but who knows?

Well, enough of my blathering. On with the show! 



Design: QS Evil Queen 

Designer: Michelle Sayetta of Heaven and Earth Designs. Based on the original artwork of Annya Kai

Fabric: 22 count Antique White aida by Wichelt

Fibers: DMC as called for in the chart

Stitcher's Notes: Began Saturday, January 24, 2015. The Quick Stitch for this design is no longer available for purchase at this time. The chart was originally called Maleficent, however, this was changed at some point. 

As of Sunday, October 25, 2015:




As of Wednesday, October 28, 2015:




Well, I had best be off. Lots to do today. Happy Hump Day everyone! :)

---

Respectfully submitted,


C. 


1 comment:

Sandra B. said...

How about using a different color highlighter each day to mark off the work you completed on the chart? That away you wouldn't have to keep track as you go, you could count what you have finished later.