About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Friday, March 4, 2016

A Small Finish For Finish Friday, March 4, 2016

I have no idea why, but after I had finished stitching  St. Patricks Shamrock by Brooke Nolan of Brooke's Books on Tuesday, I really did want to stitch a Quaker for some reason. I have no idea why. I suppose it was when I was cleaning up my stitching area, I had come across a small package of 6 inch by 6 inch fabric pieces that I had purchased some time ago from 123 Stitch. Occasionally these show up on the website in the clearance section for around $4.00 US. I have purchased several of these in the 28-32 count range as well as the 36-40 count range. They make for nice ornament sizes, or just to do fabric and floss combinations. It's a nice way to build up a wee bit of fabric stash and to have something on hand to stitch on that I otherwise might not have. 

I came across this piece and immediately thought of stitching something from Ellen Chester of With My Needle I have never stitched any of her designs, despite my having more than a person should have, so I thought it was probably time I got off my duff and did something about it :). I found the following little design and decided that it would probably be the centerpiece for the tiny quilt pattern that a dear friend of mine bought for me for my birthday this month:  



The pattern is called Sister and it is by Simply Put Plus. It is a quilted piece that I can see stitching in a variety of different colorways. Apparently, it is only available on their website now as a kit, however it is only $12.00 US and it has everything in it. Now, I just need to get a sewing machine! :)

At any rate, here is the centerpiece:




Design: One half of the needlebook taken from the design Quaker Schoolgirl Needle Necessities

Designer: Ellen Chester of With My Needle

Fabric Used: 28 count Mystery Piece from grab bag at 123 Stitch. Possibly Dense Fog jobelan

Fiber Used:  Crescent Colours Belle Soie silk in Old Crow

Stitcher's Notes: One day start and finish for Thursday, March 3, 2016. This piece is earmarked to be the centerpiece of a quilted design. 





Well, I had best be off. Need to get some things taken care of before I begin my overnight shift bunk. It's nice to have an excuse to stay at home all weekend and stitch! :)

Have a great weekend everybody!

---


Respectfully submitted,

C. 

No comments: