About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Monday, March 7, 2016

A New Start On The Overnight Shift March 2016 Edition


I was inspired to stitch a French style sampler during a recent trip with a dear friend to a French bistro here in town. It apparently opened up last August and has been a succès fou, absolument. The bistro owner's mother stitched some samplers that hang proudly on the walls. Naturally, I had to take pictures.






I have located the first one, however, it is now out of print and was only available in France, apparently. The second one I am still on the lookout for. I love the colors that were used!


Lunch was an absolute delight. For starters, I had ordered a Latte Provence, which was made with lavender and honey. It was simply divine! I was also quite naughty and had one tiny lemon macaron. I absolutely adore macarons. 



Lunch was the "Country Plate". It consisted of various French cheeses and meats, cornishons, olives, a tiny salad and a walnut tart. It was sooooo good and filling. It really made you slow down and just savor the time eating. It was so nice to do this as my work week was hurly burly most of the time. 


I also took home a lemon meringue tart for laters. DH and I had it for dessert after dinner. Lemony, not overly sweet, and smoother than Barry White. Heaven!





I have since been back for another go around, this time for croissants and more lemon meringue tarts and a Latte Provence for the road. I am going to have to pace myself with this place, I see. Otherwise, I am going to wind up twice my size! 

Which leads me to my newest start. I found this piece out on internet walkabout. I was attempting to locate the samplers I saw at the bistro, and came across this. And, at less than $2.10, I can't very well pass that up, now could I? Consolation prizes rarely come that cheap, n'est pas? 

Here is what I managed to get done over the weekend:








Fabric Used36 count Edinburgh linen in White

Fibers Used: Au Ver a Soie Soie 100/3 Spun Silk in 124, 126, 303 and 663

Stitcher's Notes: Began Friday, March 4, 2016. 




Well, I had better be off. Ain't no rest for the wicked :). Hope everyone had a great weekend!


---


Respectfully submitted,

C. 

1 comment:

CalamityJr said...

Lovely start, and what a wonderful restaurant you've found. Sounds like the perfect place to slow down and truly enjoy your meal.