About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

We Interrupt This Project...

...for a special stitching emergency. I was notified the other day that a chart from the Blackbird Designs Lending Library Facebook group was winging it's way to me. For those of you not familiar with the Blackbird Designs Lending Library Facebook group, it was started by Patricia Geary in an effort to share legitimate hard copy BBD charts with other stitchers. There are certain rules that have to be followed, so as to allow for the overall running of the group to go as smoothly as possible. 

This meant a brief interruption on my Motifs Abécédaire 30 sampler that I am currently stitching. But these things happen and I don't really mind. :)


As is my custom, I am more enthralled with the bonus designs rather than the main design. This one went VERY quickly as it was all of 35 high by 75 stitches wide. As this chart is very OOP and VERY hard to find, I wanted to stitch this on a very special fabric. I have a tiny amount of a long discontinued fabric from R and R Reproductions. I did a floss toss on 28 count Cashel linen by Lakeside Linens in Vintage Lentil but it just popped on the R and R Reproductions 30 count overdyed linen in Witches' Teeth. So, that is what is used and I am VERY happy with the outcome. I really do need to get a sewing machine so that I can put all of these things together. When it eventually gets put together, I think this one will be on display in the 'permanent collection' that I have displayed. I need to find a nice backing fabric for it that is not overly wintery or Christmasy. 

At any rate, here are my efforts from yesterday and today:


Design: Winter Garden Pincushion (Bonus Chart from the leaflet Winter Wonderland #39 from the 2010 Loose Feathers series) 



Designer: Blackbird Designs

Fabric:  R and R Reproductions 30 count overdyed linen in Witches' Teeth

Fibers Used: Crescent Colours Belle Soie silk in Collard Greens, Fern Frond, Icing, Tree Trunk, and Tulip.


Stitcher's Notes: Chart on loan from Patricia G of the Fans of Blackbird Designs Facebook Group. Replaced the cotton embroidery floss for silks. Left off initials. Began Monday, March 7, 2016. Finished Tuesday, March 8, 2016. 




Well, I had best be off. Time to make the donuts. I hope everyone is having a great week! :)


---

Respectfully submitted,


C. 

No comments: