About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Friday, May 13, 2016

Finish Friday For Friday, May 13, 2016

Honestly, I should have been stitching on something Halloween inspired instead of this latest finish from Kit Mountain. I have had it for quite some time now as it was purchased back in 2014 during the Colonial Gatherings Club hosted by Dyeing To Stitch. When I received it in the mail, I was not overly....impressed (for lack of a better word). 

These kits are not inexpensive ($40.00 each). Honestly, at this late date, I have no idea of what I was expecting, but surely something more than what showed up. I lost my job soon after and I had to 'retire' from the club, which was something else. I will say this, however. This pretty much cured me of ever signing up for one of these ever again. I was under the assumption that when one signed up for a 'shop exclusive' it was exactly that. Exclusive to the shop. Not 'exclusive for six months and then it gets released to the general public'. I do not need a $40.00 'kit' once every other month for 12 months for all of that! I will just wait. While I understand designers have the right to do with their own designs as they see fit (as well they should!), quite honestly, shops need to stop advertising these as 'exclusives' when it simply is not true. 

So, it came to pass that this kit languished in Kit Mountain until this week. I was putting something away and I came across it again. I could not bear to look at it, as it brought up some unpleasant memories every time I looked at it. I am not too entirely sure as to why I decided that I was sufficiently annoyed to just get it out and deal with it, but this is how it came to pass. I began this piece on Wednesday, May 11, and finished it up just a bit ago. I left off some things and changed the colors around, but it's finished regardless. I have no idea of how it will be finished as I do not plan on ever needing and/or wanting a candle pocket. 



Design: Colonial Candle Pocket 



Designer: Paulette Stewart of Plum Street Samplers

Fabric Used: 35 count Olde Towne Blend by R and R Reproductions 

Fibers Used: Needlepoint, Inc. silk flosses in 328, 912 and 965

Stitcher's Notes: Began Wednesday, May 11, 2016. Finished Friday, May 13, 2013. First design in the 2014 Colonial Gatherings Club hosted by Dyeing To Stitch. Changed bird to NPI 965 (Dapple Grey) and all flowers to NPI 328 (Williamsburg Blue).  May add date later on. Undecided as to how this will be 'finished' finished. 





Well, time to be off. Another loaner chart from the Blackbird Designs Lending Library has arrived and I need to make haste. Willow House is the next item up for bid and I can't wait to get started. It will be my weekend project this weekend. I love the tulips in the basket! 




Have great weekend everyone! 

---

Respectfully submitted,

C. 

No comments: