About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The Busy Little Bee


The bee, from her industry in the summer, eats honey all the winter.
    -Proverb



It seems as though this summer I am emulating the honey bee. Busy, busy, busy. And more likely as not to get busier as the summer progresses. I suppose this is a good thing, as if one does not labor to produce, one cannot complain of the lack of fruits thereof. I have managed to finish up a quick little piece, although, I do need to find a proper frame for it. I have something specific in mind, however, I am not willing to pay upwards of $100.00 to get it. Ah, well. I shall find what I need at some point. I suppose I can hold off until I find the right one. 

At any rate, here is my latest finish from Leaflet Silo:


Design: Kitchen Mixer

Designer: Hugs Are Fun

Fabric Used: 28 count Raw Linen/Silk blend (80% linen/20% silk) from Wichelt

Fibers Used:  DMC Embroidery Floss Art. 117 in B5200, 310, 415, and 742




And there's more exciting news. I finally have a lap stand! Mine is courtesy of Pam Reid, via FlossTube. The materials were all of $11.00 at Home Depot. DH put it together for me this past Sunday, and I cannot wait to try it out. I have Lady Of The Flag in the snaps and ready to go. I am hoping for a wee bit of free time this upcoming weekend so I can get some time in on her. I think this is really going to work out for this project and others that are as large. 



New stash arrived today as well. I wanted to get this one before it went OOP and prices get out of hand. I am one of these folks that don't mind 'what the market will bear' prices on my hobby, however, if I can get it at at 'decent' price I am not going to complain! There are thirteen designs in this booklet by Barb and Alma of Blackbird Designs. I have some ideas that I am kicking around with these. I am really wanting to stitch on fall related pieces now as it is so hot here in the desert, but I am going to hold off for a while longer. 




I've decided that I want to do something patriotic, and this one has been on the 'Why haven't I stitched this yet? I love this!' pile for quite some time. It is called July Celebration and it is from the  Blackbird Designs book called A Fine Collection:



DH loves this one and I have already put the first stitches in. I am using Crescent Colours Belle Soie silk in Cinnamon Stick, Collard Greens, Ivy League, Harvest, Indigo, and Tulip. The fabric is 36 count Edinburgh linen in Antique White. Should be good times! :)


Well, I best be off. Time's a wastin'. I hope everyone is having a great week!


---


Respectfully submitted,

C.  

No comments: