About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Saturday, September 5, 2015

#35 And A New Start

Here is another one I should have waited to post as I managed to finish it up the same day that it was posted. Although, in my defense, when I had posted yesterday, I was still waffling as to whether or not I wanted to add any of the smaller elements around the design, or perhaps stitch the raven one over one one on the right side. I decided that where I was was a good stopping point, so I just left it as is. When I was finished, I cleaned up and had to wait until today for good sunlight in order to take a halfway decent picture. It took a bit longer to finish than it should have, however, the one symbol that the designer chose to use was a giant plus sign  that takes up almost the whole block. As such, it makes counting out stitches a bit difficult. Ah, well. These things happen. 

At any rate, here is the tiny finish that I had last night after dinner. I enjoyed stitching the piece. 



Design: Thine Is The Trick And The Treat (retired and out of print design)





Designer: Prairie Moon (retired designer)

Fabric: Fleur de Luce Hand Dyeds (that's me!) 28 count Monaco fabric in Storm Clouds 


Fibers: Hand Dyed Fibers in Old Maid of the Abyss , Six Strand Regular (discontinued floss line).  Access Commodities Soie d'Alger in Blanc.

Stitcher's Notes: Last stitched Thursday, November 4, 2010. Please note that at this time, this chart is not for either sale or trade. Since completed, this is now #35 from the Bin O'Shame.






As of Friday, September 4, 2015:




Finished late Friday, September 4, 2015:



Afterwards, I was looking for another project to stitch and didn't feel like stitching anything out of the Bin O'ShameThere *was* a project that I wanted to stitch, however, I could not get a good read on the floss toss I was doing. So, I elected to wait until another time to stitch Plum Pudding Needleart's Blessed Be. This design has been in my stash for quite some time and one that I really am in the mood to do. Since I could not get a good 'read' from the fibers and floss that I had pulled for Blessed Be, I decided to go ahead and stitch something completely new. I decided that instead of kitting something up, just grab something from Kit Mountain, which is what I am calling the several bins that are storing the projects that are all kitted up and ready to go. This way, I get to start in on those bins before my anticipated start date of January 1 for next years' stitching goals. Woohoo! Two lists tackle in the same year! Go me! 

Well, at any rate, here is the project that I chose for my overnight weekend:


Design: Cats For All Seasons Autumn Cat (3 of 4)

Designer: Nancy Javier and Barbara Finwall of Banar Designs for Better Homes and Gardens

Fabric: 14 count khaki aida of unknown manufacturer

Fibers Used: Unknown as provided in the kit

Bling Used:  Mill Hill beads in #02031 Citron

Stitcher's Notes: Once completed, the Spring Cat is the last in the series to stitch. 


Began Friday, September 4, 2015:






Well, I had best be off. I need to take care of a few things before I can get back at it. Happy weekend everyone! :)


---


Respectfully submitted,


C. 


No comments: