About Me

My photo
My online journal of stitchy chores and the occasional hockey talk.

2018 Finishes

1. Let It Snow by Barbara Ana Designs. Finished Wednesday, January 24, 2018

2. Victorian Thistles bookmark by Textile Heritage. Finished Wednesday, February 21, 2018


3. Keep Love by Shepherd’s Bush. Finished Saturday, February 24, 2018


4. Fleur d’Orleans by Ink Circles. Finished Wednesday, March 7, 2018


5. A Little Gray Hare by Lizzie Kate. Finished Thursday, March 15, 2018


6. March Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Monday, March 26, 2018


7. April Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Wednesday, May 2, 2018


8. May Cake by Brooke’s Books. Finished Tuesday, May 29, 2018


9. Japanese Anemones by Sheila Hudson. Finished Tuesday, June 12, 2018


10. The Lily Of The Valley by Blackbird Designs. Finished Wednesday, June 27, 2018


11. A Slice of Summer by Waxing Moon Designs. Finished Wednesday, July 11, 2018


12. Sweet Tulip by Jeannette Douglas Designs. Finished Tuesday, July 24, 2018


13. Autumn’s Bounty by Black Star Designs. Finished Monday, August 20, 2018


14. Caramel Apple by Mill Hill. Finished Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Number of Finishes By Year-

1. 2008 Finishes -10


2. 2009 Finishes- 21


3. 2010 Finishes- 49


4. 2011 Finishes- 26


5. 2012 Finishes- 35


6. 2013 Finishes- 7


7. 2014 Finishes- 19


8. 2015 Finishes- 61


9. 2016 Finishes- 50


10. 2017 Finishes- 30


11. 2018 Finishes-

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Under The Wire

I have always been fascinated with the origin's of phrases and words. In this case, the expression 'under the wire', is believed to have originated from horse racing, where a wire was hung up over the finish line to help determine a winner. Thus, races that were extremely close could be described as "coming down to the wire," quite literally.

In my case, this means, I have managed to sneak in yet another completed stitched piece before the end of the month. After I had finished up the Easter FairyI went through  Kit Mountain Leaflet Silo and on with the Bin O'Shame again to see if anything was grabbing me. I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and stitch this one up. I think this series has the distinction of being both in Kit Mountain and in the Bin O'Shamesimultaneously. The kit was purchased around 2003 or 2004 and had left to rot until I managed decided to get off of my duff and finish the stitching on the Winter Cat in July of 2015. This was followed by the Summer Cat in August of 2015 and then the Autumn Cat in September of 2015. I think very much like Christmas At Hawk Run Hollow, it is both UFO and finish at the same time. Schrödinger's projects, if you will. 

The Spring Cat was left to languish until now. I have no idea why. It is quite possible that I was just not 'into' the coloring of this cat. I really should have changed the coloring to that of my beloved and much missed Ozzy. I think it would have popped better on the fabric. Ah, well. As is my custom, a day late and a dollar short (any action that was taken too late and is too feeble to be of any use, for the curious :) ). 

At any rate, this series is now completed in its' entirety. I am thankful for that. Now, I need to find a frame that will show all of them off. I am thinking of just one frame for all four projects. This way, I can pop them in and out of the frame at will. I seem to be one of these stitchers that is more interested in making sure money is spent on stitching projects, rather than using money to complete them. :)




Design: Cats For All Seasons Spring Cat (4 of 4)

Designer: Nancy Javier and Barbara Finwall of Banar Designs

Fabric: 14 count khaki aida of unknown manufacturer

Fibers Used: Unknown as provided in the kit

Bling Used: Mill Hill beads #42014 Petite Black seed beads

Stitcher's Notes: Kits previously purchased around 2003 or 2004. Substituted beads for cat's eyes and nose. Left off wording at the bottom. Seasonal cat number four out of four. Series completed as of Tuesday, March 29, 2016. 



Finished Tuesday, March 29, 2016:








Well, time for me to go. I hope everyone is having a great week so far!


---


Respectfully submitted,

C. 

No comments: